Couple good ones from Saturday

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
dyla.jpglev.jpg

Couple good ones killed in front of our dogs this weekend. The 10 pointer was missed by one of our young hunters. Dogs got through and ran buck to neighboring farm, were a young hunter was able to take deer.

FITZH2O

Old Mossy Horns
How long does it take your dogs to run them deer down from Ohio? Damn things are monsters!!!!

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Good bucks KTMan, I finally got permission to post here. I didn't know you guys ran beagles. Post pics of the dogs sometime.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Good bucks KTMan, I finally got permission to post here. I didn't know you guys ran beagles. Post pics of the dogs sometime.

We been running both beagles and walkers for years. Got to where I blocks got smaller and smaller so we went to all beagles. Plus most of the time it's only 8-10 of us hunting so easier to manage small dogs.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
No idea where that's at. Most our hunting is around Southern.

It's an area in northern Pittsylvania, southern Campbell county right on the Staunton River that the hunter in your second pic said he killed the buck. He hunts another farm in Pittsylvania just outside of the Cody area, that it may have come from. I haven't spoken to him yet, going on 3rd hand info, but I do know Nicolas, his parents said the buck ended up with 14 points. I guess it has a few stickers. I will try to talk to him next weekend. Did you happen to see the picture of a wide buck taken by the Java hunt club?

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It's an area in northern Pittsylvania, southern Campbell county right on the Staunton River that the hunter in your second pic said he killed the buck. He hunts another farm in Pittsylvania just outside of the Cody area, that it may have come from. I haven't spoken to him yet, going on 3rd hand info, but I do know Nicolas, his parents said the buck ended up with 14 points. I guess it has a few stickers. I will try to talk to him next weekend. Did you happen to see the picture of a wide buck taken by the Java hunt club?

Don't know details of buck. One of our members was talking to guy on road and he said young man had killed deer in front of our dogs. That guy sent us the picture.

Yes I have pic of deer java killed. My son is friends with boy whose dad killed it.

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

Talked to buddy and he said guy that sent him picture was with riceville hunt club.

flathead977

Ten Pointer
10/4 the boy may be only 15 and already mastered the art of not admitting where he got a buck lol. That Java buck looked to be a stud. I have only saw one pic, and don't know the hunter. Have a good Christmas!