Take the lever action challange

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
See post 381 for your rifles twin. Same scope, different mounts. That scope will shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that earlier. My scope is in a set of Leupold QRW quick release rings and the Weaver rail is shorted to allow the Williams peep to fit snugly behind the rail. I can take the scope off if I want to hunt with the peep and replace it if conditions warrant scope use.

<>< Fish

EhnLbNH.jpg

Last edited:

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
New season approaching but the same challenge is on the horizon.

Some purist might take issue with this Rossi lever with a Sig red dot in a scout mount but I like it. It barely adds an weight and I can still easily grip the carbine for one hand carry around the receiver. Got to get it sighted in soon as I plan on taking it on the eastern opening of rifle season.

Who else has a new twist on an old lever or a new lever to hunt with this season?

<>< Fish

qHzyrMe.jpg

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
New season approaching but the same challenge is on the horizon.

Some purist might take issue with this Rossi lever with a Sig red dot in a scout mount but I like it. It barely adds an weight and I can still easily grip the carbine for one hand carry around the receiver. Got to get it sighted in soon as I plan on taking it on the eastern opening of rifle season.

Who else has a new twist on an old lever or a new lever to hunt with this season?

<>< Fish

qHzyrMe.jpg

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yep, 16" barrel. Chambered in .357 Mag. I took a deer a couple of seasons ago with using the iron sights. I wanted a little more accurate sighting option this season.

<>< Fish

I had the big loop lever version. Spent a lot of money on front and rear sights and couldn't get it under 6" high at 25 yards. Even tried all kinds of ammo. Got mad and sold it. Wish I had done like you did now....