At the March for Our Lives, Kids Say Their Right to Feel Safe Trumps......

Combat Diver

Eight Pointer
Kid needs to grow up first. His rights don't trump my rights, same as mine don't trump his. Get rid of automobiles, drugs, cell phones and swimming pools before my rifles.

CD

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Clearly 13 year old kids are simply repeating lines they are being fed. Do you remember being 13? When I was 13, I didn't have a clue what was going on in the next county over, much less nationally. All I was concerned about was where the next pickup game was and how long I was allowed to stay.

This is purely a play on emotions, but fortunately most outside the bleeding heart liberal crowd will see right through it. Surely NO ONE truly believes we should let 13 year olds set our laws. Next, their rights to play with chalk might trump our right to drive down their streets.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Kid needs to grow up first. His rights don't trump my rights, same as mine don't trump his. Get rid of automobiles, drugs, cell phones and swimming pools before my rifles.

CD

No doubt. The drugs in his parents medicine cabinet are a bigger threat to his safety than my rifle.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I bet you money there were enough illegal prescription pills in the pockets of the protestors to wipe out 3or 4 classrooms of kids.......but do they have a march planned for that.....nope.....they are just trained by the idiot left and it will certainly not be favorable for republicans in the future.....we must vote....AND teach our children the right way.

It was and is sickening to me how many of these kids spoke at the protest and so few(if any) even had a reasonable solution to offer up......that was an indication of how the parents and teachers, that sent them up to speak,think....sad

chef

Ten Pointer
The country is in real trouble. Not because 13 year olds want to make laws based on "feelings trumping rights" , but that adults agree much less promoting and bussing them into said marches. I expect 13 year olds to think that way they have zero appreciation for history.

Yes, let's craft laws based on feelings over rights.
I feel black folks are inferior to me, so laws should say we can't mix.
I feel that Japanese Americans are unsafe, so we should round them up into camps.

I feel women couldn't possibly be smart enough to vote....

I feel the police should just be able to go into any house the want to keep us safe...

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Clearly 13 year old kids are simply repeating lines they are being fed. Do you remember being 13? When I was 13, I didn't have a clue what was going on in the next county over, much less nationally. All I was concerned about was where the next pickup game was and how long I was allowed to stay.

This is purely a play on emotions, but fortunately most outside the bleeding heart liberal crowd will see right through it. Surely NO ONE truly believes we should let 13 year olds set our laws. Next, their rights to play with chalk might trump our right to drive down their streets.

Trust me if the Dems could do it they would lower the voting age to 12 yrs old.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
It’s all about disarming your political enemies “for the children “

The youths are pawns being used to push disarmament of “deplorables”

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
There is big money and political clout behind all this for sure. Wonder who paid for all that staging in all those major cities. Surely "the kids" didn't put it up Friday night and set up all that sound equipment.

This crap is killing my New Year's Resolution.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm seeing my sentiment voiced by others. Having been pondering this lately, and being vocal of the "stupidity" of these kids, I actually have to step back from those thoughts. The problem, I don't think, actually lies with these children. Instead, they have no clue they are being played like puppets on a string. Played by the education systems across the country that purposely are failing to actually teach the students the truth and completeness of history. Failing to teach them about the political system in our country and how/why it is the way it is. It's the failure of the parents for not demanding this be done or teaching from home what the system fails to provide. Much blame should be aimed toward the left side liberal processes that occur without being questioned and proven false information. The conservative base is attacked at every level and labeled in negative terms if their voice is heard contradicting anything liberal thought based. I don't know where we are headed with this, but am confident it will not be a good direction with the mode of operation being utilized currently. That mode being the use of children to advance the leftist idealogy. Sad days ahead I'm afraid...

pir8rn

Six Pointer
What gets me is a lot of the people (and by that I mean the adults pushing these kids) bemoaning guns and saying that only police and military should have them are the same crowd that says that police brutality and violence needs to be curtailed.
You can't say only the police need guns, then say the police are using their guns too much against unarmed citizens...

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
What gets me is a lot of the people (and by that I mean the adults pushing these kids) bemoaning guns and saying that only police and military should have them are the same crowd that says that police brutality and violence needs to be curtailed.
You can't say only the police need guns, then say the police are using their guns too much against unarmed citizens...

Because no leftist will disarm the organs of power

Are the police and military disarmed in Venezuela or North Korea?

Yes some on the left really do want to be like England and Wales with regards to cops and guns. Most don’t

They want the police well armed despite black lives matter

Last edited:

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I'm seeing my sentiment voiced by others. Having been pondering this lately, and being vocal of the "stupidity" of these kids, I actually have to step back from those thoughts. The problem, I don't think, actually lies with these children. Instead, they have no clue they are being played like puppets on a string. Played by the education systems across the country that purposely are failing to actually teach the students the truth and completeness of history. Failing to teach them about the political system in our country and how/why it is the way it is. It's the failure of the parents for not demanding this be done or teaching from home what the system fails to provide. Much blame should be aimed toward the left side liberal processes that occur without being questioned and proven false information. The conservative base is attacked at every level and labeled in negative terms if their voice is heard contradicting anything liberal thought based. I don't know where we are headed with this, but am confident it will not be a good direction with the mode of operation being utilized currently. That mode being the use of children to advance the leftist idealogy. Sad days ahead I'm afraid...

Pretty wise words.....

Our educational system is fundamentally broken. Spending more does nothing. It is the way and what that is being taught that will take this country down.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Simple question for them.. can you point me to the line in the Constitution that enumerates your right to feel safe? I will wait.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I’m disgusted. I’m watching the news now and they have these young punks who haven’t even hit puberty trying to tell me i don’t need these guns that trained soldiers only should have.

I’m truly at a loss for words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Part-time hunter

Ten Pointer
Relax everybody. This will all be over in a couple of days. Remember the Women's Marches? Not really, and no does anybody else. These so called protests, much like boycotts rarely accomplish anything. The kids will get tired and miss their time with their phones and the media will move on to the next BREAKING NEWS cycle and in the end nothing significant will change.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
And all this will continue to play out again and again as no one....no marches, no kids, no political powers, no people that claim to be against guns, no one that wants there guns to be be taken from them, and who ever has a say in any thing that has happened or is going to happen...nothing is going to stop what is happening in our country with guns because there is millions of guns and millions of ammunition for these guns and nothing is stopping this snowball going down hill. These kids say STOP THE GUN VIOLENCE....nothing but a feel good saying and just as sure as the sun comes up tomorrow there will be another sick POS out there with a gun that was not suppose to have a gun killing people again and again. Just relax as Part-time just said, nothing has happened yet that is not going to happen again...just try to stay out of the way of those bullets.

TheCloudX

Ten Pointer
Contributor
These kids will understand. They've already complained about their backpacks because it impacts them. Once they realize how it'll impact them, they'll change tune.

In the meantime, what you wont see the media report on is that pro-2nd amendment supporters are active as well. There were many gun shows, outdoor expos across the nation this weekend. I went to the Palmetto Sportsman Classic in Columbia. It was packed. Well over 1k people, easy. Know of others that went out to a shooting exp in Texas, same thing. I donated to the NRA while there and saw many others do so. While we can't just sit back and assume all is well, I think this particular "march" is a non-event being propped up and funded by the media.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hate to break it to 'em, but there is no "right to FEEL safe" in the Constitution...and FEELING safe is a far cry from actually BEING safe. We DO however, have a right to MAKE ourselves safe...and the 2nd Amendment is the affirmation of that right. "A well regulated militia, necessary for the SECURITY of a free state..."

8DuckCaller

Button Buck
Remember how the Dems always say, when they are trying to get a new gun law passed, "we do not want to take your hunting or target guns away or the right to defend yourself away." How many of y'all saw the young girl at the rally on stage say " give us an inch and we will take a mile." Wow finally a true statement. I hope the NRA will find a way to use that quote.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
"vote 'em out"......LOL , I just wonder if any of these precious tots would be screaming foul if they found out that since the age to own a firearm is being raised to 21 , so is the age to vote.....

A blind man see the guy behind the curtain here.....

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Relax everybody. This will all be over in a couple of days. Remember the Women's Marches? Not really, and no does anybody else. These so called protests, much like boycotts rarely accomplish anything. The kids will get tired and miss their time with their phones and the media will move on to the next BREAKING NEWS cycle and in the end nothing significant will change.

Unless Democrats get back in total power in NC

2018 is an election year. Democrats want the G A back real bad and already got the courts to redraw the district maps

If Democrats get in control again they will ban your semi auto rifles and shotguns. And any semi auto pistol the courts will allow

Last edited:

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Unless Democrats get back in total power in NC

2018 is an election year. Democrats want the G A back real bad and already got the courts to redraw the district maps

If Democrats get in control again they will ban your semi auto rifles and shotguns. And any semi auto pistol the courts will allow
Bullchit .......they may get control and try......it will would be a lot more difficult than just gaining control of the GA.....at least I hope that it will be....

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hate to break it to 'em, but there is no "right to FEEL safe" in the Constitution...and FEELING safe is a far cry from actually BEING safe. We DO however, have a right to MAKE ourselves safe...and the 2nd Amendment is the affirmation of that right. "A well regulated militia, necessary for the SECURITY of a free state..."

That's a pretty good way to sum it up: "You do not have a right to feel safe, only to make yourself safe."