Anybody seeing winter flocks still

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seen a huge winter flock today up in Rockingham county south of Madison. Seen another flock of just 6 hens up at the Rock.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 17 hens and 2 gobblers together in same group last week. 100 yards away were few Jake's and younger gobblers. Biggest group I've seen on that property so I'd have to say they were still in winter flock.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
All birds seeing here still flocked up seen 20 plus this AM together strutters were in bunch seen 17 Thur 3 strutting

Blades

Six Pointer
From the cards I pulled yesterday they are still flocked up. It should change within a week at my place from past year’s videos.

Cabarrus county

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I rode up 86 to Yanceyville and then 158 over to Eden and back today and saw two birds in separate fields, this was midday, thought I would see more than that.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There was 20 plus birds in that flock south of Madison. I wasn't expecting to see such a big flock.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Another big flock this morning but the ground is white so maybe they think its still winter. A strutting tom in snow is a pretty sight

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
there are so many up there that that is the norm. turkey heaven.
No sir. Not everywhere is Rockingham county is like that. That part of the county near Guilford has never had a flock that size in that field. Usually by now I see 6 to 8 hens and a couple of gobblers in my travels across the county.

There were no stutters in this flock either. Not a gobbler one. We got 3 plus inches of snow again last night in Stoneville . I can't believe I am saying this but I am glad the season does not come in till the 14th of April

Last edited:

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Seen a few line hens and Tom's cruising in the side of the road. But I've also seen a few flocks here and there. All in the past week driving to and from work. Lee county and harnett county.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jim67

Eight Pointer
Went up to my property today in Stokes, didn't see one bird. I haven't seen a turkey since last turkey season. Kind of concerned about that.

GTO ONE

Eight Pointer
Saw a flock today when I was pulling cards and setting out blind for youth opener. Three Toms strutting, 5 jakes 10-12 hens. I was suprised they were in a flock like this, all the picures I have are groups of 5-10hens and two Toms...

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
No sir. Not everywhere is Rockingham county is like that. That part of the county near Guilford has never had a flock that size in that field. Usually by now I see 6 to 8 hens and a couple of gobblers in my travels across the county.

There were no stutters in this flock either. Not a gobbler one. We got 3 plus inches of snow again last night in Stoneville . I can't believe I am saying this but I am glad the season does not come in till the 14th of April

naw, we need an early one. kids could hunt during their spring break, warm weather this week will have them howling and all we can do is listen.