what rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor are you shooting

Benny

Button Buck
I am thinking about getting one and wonder what experiences on the board were.
What rifle
what powder
what bullet

I was going to set it up for my Grandson and I to do some shooting; then he could deer hunt with it.

thanks for any suggestions
Benny

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Currently I’m shooting an AR10 in 6.5 and love it, been getting under .4 Moa with factory 120gn Federal Trophy Copper so haven’t had the urge to reload for it. A 6.5 Ruger Precision Rifle is on my very short list, but as your looking for something more fitting for a youth to hunt with as well I’d look hard at a Ruger American if on a budget or a Bergera 14 if budget isn’t a big issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
I happen to own 2 different models.
A Ruger American Predator and a Bergara B14H.
Both are absolute laser beams.
Have been running Hornady factory ammo collecting brass.
Best groupings coming from superformance 129gr sst out of the shorter barrel Ruger and 140gr ELD-M’s out of the Bergara.
Loaded one variety pack of 143gr ELD-X but haven’t gotten out to do testing yet.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ruger American predator. I have only shot the 129 grain American whitetail out of mine. Probably my favorite gun to shoot.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Ruger American Predator. I haven't shot it a lot, but it shoots the Hornady Whitetail 129 Interlock a little tighter than the 120 GMX. The 120 GMX still held within 1 MOA out to 300 yards, which is the limit on my range. I swapped out the trigger for a Timney.

I really like this rifle and caliber, but I'm thinking about adding a Tikka T3x Lite stainless in the same caliber.

Last edited:

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a Ruger American Predator. Its not much to look at but it shoots

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
Going to add a checkmark in favor of the Predator. If I would have purchased mine first, I would not have purchased the Bergara. In my hands the Ruger shoots just as well.
I like that rifle so much I purchased a .243 for my wife and a 22-250 for me. Lasers.
Have taken the 6.5 out to 800 meters with 1/2 MOA accuracy. Impressive for a $369 rifle.
Agreed the fit and finish is atrocious, had to do a bit of hand work on the forearm of mine making contact with the barrel, but dings, dents and scratches will actually add character which I won’t be afraid to add.

herman

Six Pointer
I have the Savage 10 Predator max-1 6.5 creedmoor.Got it close to 4 years ago.
Haven't shot a factory load in it yet.
First time I took it to the range I zeroed it at 100 yds and shot the group below the first group at 200 yds.
Only took it hunting one time and dropped one at 200 yds.
It is a little heavy with scope and load,but I can still manage it at my age.
Plan on testing more loads and bullets this year.
Have been using the hornady 123 gr and they shoot very well.It has shot more than a couple 3-shot one hole groups at 300 yds.
For years my go to deer rifle has been the rem 260 in the rem BDL and they are about the same.Have taken deer with it out to 500 yds.
Have another savage action that I put a shilin 260 cal barrel on,took it to a 600 yd match years ago and it averaged 2 1/2 in groups for the match

BVB

Four Pointer
Another Ruger Predator fan here. Hard to beat for the money. Polish the bolt and add a Boyds for $150, and you've got a rifle that shoots as well as many $1000 dollar rifles. JMO

moonlight

Four Pointer
Browning Hell’s Canyon Speed, Ruger Precision Rifle, and a S&W AR-10. All three are sub-moa with factory 143 ELD-X rounds

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've got a Ruger American Predator that's shooting 142 grain Winchester Accubonds with great accuracy. Great rifle.

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Browning Hells's Canyon Speed. Easily shooting sub MOA with Hornady ELD-X and Accubond LR. Saving brass and hoping to start reloading soon. But honestly for hunting purposes these 2 rounds are fine. I will say I love this rifle and the way it shoots. Every once in a while you come across something that just "feels right". You can't explain it but it does. This rifle and cartridge fit that bill for me.

hayco10

Eight Pointer
I saw 2 at gun store at Carthage this past weekend. One was a T/C Compass and the other a Ruger American(I think). The T/C had a threaded barrel. Both were around $300

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
Thanks for the info. Sounds like the Ruger will shoot. Will give one a look.

One thing I forgot to add that may or may not help is out of the 3 Ruger Americans I have in the safe now, 2 are Predators the other is the standard. It’s my wife’s .243.
I have suppressors, she could care less, and wanted hers a different color. So I had it dipped.
It’s a few bucks more for the Predator with the pre-threaded barrel and green stock. No difference in accuracy whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bean

Eight Pointer
I bought a first run barrel from Belms TC's for my Encore last fall when they came out. I absolutely love it. I shoot the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo through it. It will touch holes at 100yds. I have had the trigger worked on, added the oversize hinge pin, basicly anything Mike Bellm has covered for making these guns more accurate.