Now Youtube is banning gun videos

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
In my opinion, the only way Google/Youtube will change their tune is if some other video hosting site picks up all the liberal banned video Youtubers and starts making money, and then others partners from Youtube follow them over. Google SAYS they stand on a principle, but let them start loosing revenue and we'll see where they actually stand.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah I think he's from Georgia or Mississippi. YouTube username is
FSP RUSSIAN. Funny dude. I have no idea about the jail thing.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah I think he's from Georgia or Mississippi. YouTube username is
FSP RUSSIAN. Funny dude. I have no idea about the jail thing.

One of the guys that was part of his gig showed up at his place shot in the head or something like that. Last word was he was tied to it and a suspect or linked to it then it went off the radar. ..
That was the same time his friend from Red jacket went to jail. He was on their show several times.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Just read some stuff about him. I'm guessing he's bad news if he was around RedJacket. Arrested for drugs in August last year.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I didn't know all of that stuff about the "russian". I knew, it was obvious, he was NOT russian. But he got his hands on some cool firearms!

Part-Time, I read the whole thing.

I remember, back in the day, when youtube was run by like 4 dudes in one room, BEFORE Google bought them out for over $1 BILLION......I told people at the office that morning that they settled cheap. Back then, you could watch the SU-27 crash through the crowd, and the aftermath, watch people blow themselves up with fireworks, beheadings......all without censorship or ads. What I find funny now is you end up watching graphic videos, but they are preempted by ads about cookie recipes,.......lol.

Bud

Four Pointer
Contributor
I can not believe how afraid these corporate executives are of the liberals

beard&bow

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
So let me get this straight, a video of a gun is equally as bad as a video of a child eating a tide pod, encouraging other children to eat tide pods?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Tons of gun videos still on you tube... Must be a small percentage of videos being kicked off...

Yeah I’m wondering how this is gonna work.... movies make up a lot of YouTube usage and there are a lot of movies with guns in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red

Button Buck
Not long ago I bought my wife a really nice little Remington 380 since she wants to get her concealed carry permit. Sportsman's Warehouse had them on sale with a $100 rebate to boot. Before deciding on it I went to youtube and watched several videos of people who seemed to know what they're doing test and rate it. Since their results were positive I bought the pistol. I wish now I'd gotten another one as it is a really nice carry piece. I plan to buy at least one more hand gun since I already have the permit so it seems I better get busy watching more gun reviews on youtube before they are gone.

I have used yt too many times to mention for help with a myriad of home repairs but my favorite was the videos I found to help me get in and repair my covered truck bed when the plastic handle came off in my hands. And I visit yt several times a day every day to check out music videos. I am a cynical skeptic, or is that a skeptical cynic? Anyway, please don't be offended but if everyone on this forum stopped using them google, youtube and facebook wouldn't even notice. Just my opinion but boycotts don't work at any level for several reasons. First there are always people who SAY they will participate but they fold when it affects them negatively. Secondly, these huge conglomerates are so big the boycotting numbers would have to be astronomical to have any effect on them.

I know not many will read this since it's too long and it's probably not going to be making me any new friends. I'm okay with that but I want to finish with this. Calling this stuff culture wars and treating this as an us versus them thing gets us nowhere. The pendulum is swinging to the left due to recent events but I and probably a great many of you have been around long enough to know that it will swing back the other way eventually and not much if anything will have changed much at all. Anyway, to each his own, so if it makes you feel better by all means boycott whomever or whatever you wish and more power to you.

I admire you. I actually think you said what you think/believe. I agree with you on several items. Capatilism/Boycotts play the game of attrition and usuall take longer than wished for. If you don’t stand for something you’ll fall for anything.

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
Tons of gun videos still on you tube... Must be a small percentage of videos being kicked off...

New rules dont really kick in until April 1.....I suspect most of the bigger guys like Hitchcock 45, Hank Strange, Matt at Demolition Ranch, TAOFLEDERMAUS... etc are all going to be looking to develop or create a platform for them that they run where they can post whatever the hell they want....they will set it up and You Tube will lose a lot of daily traffic since gun videos probably get millions of hits a day. I also wonder if that means they are going to get rid of all the military videos showing fighting etc...I mean they are actually using full on automatics and tanks and stuff.....You Tube making a big mistake here.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
New rules dont really kick in until April 1.....I suspect most of the bigger guys like Hitchcock 45, Hank Strange, Matt at Demolition Ranch, TAOFLEDERMAUS... etc are all going to be looking to develop or create a platform for them that they run where they can post whatever the hell they want....they will set it up and You Tube will lose a lot of daily traffic since gun videos probably get millions of hits a day. I also wonder if that means they are going to get rid of all the military videos showing fighting etc...I mean they are actually using full on automatics and tanks and stuff.....You Tube making a big mistake here.

I'll be on them like pine pollen making sure they know how offensive all of it is

The.n we will start on 1st amendment items (language)

Gonna be a fun summer

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be on them like pine pollen making sure they know how offensive all of it is

The.n we will start on 1st amendment items (language)

Gonna be a fun summer

Its really just dumb, I mean its not like someone is holding a gun to your head making you watch gun videos.......there are so many videos on there showing things a heck of a lot worse than folks dumping mags with AR's at washing machines etc.....

Last edited:

spoonriver

Floyd the Barber

Those millions of hits are generating a considerable amount of income for them on YouTube. I can see them moving to other platforms too but only temporary due to lack of revenue provided by the new platform host.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Those millions of hits are generating a considerable amount of income for them on YouTube. I can see them moving to other platforms too but only temporary due to lack of revenue provided by the new platform host.

Yes. But those hits are generating income for youtube as well.

The only way WE can stop this crap is to show up in numbers at the voting booth. These companies are calling our bluff so to speak. Most politicians are scared to do it.

Time for US to flex our muscle.