Yadkinville, things to do

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
Taking the lady to Yadkinville in May for a concert she wants to see. What are some things to do in the area before or after the concert? Bars, restaurants or interesting historical or natural features etc.

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
Having a hard time deciding, they have 14 churches AND a Dollar General! But seriously I know its a small town just looking for stuff to do to make the 2 hour drive worth it.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There’s a gun store and a pizza place that has a buffet. Lol The only thing that comes to mind is the Amish Store in Hamptonville. Saturday morning they have fresh hot doughnuts and you can get sandwiches and stuff any other time.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Drive up to the Rockford General Store and get lunch before the show. They have about the best burgers in the state and they bake their own bread and buns their. Walking in the door there is like stepping back in time to a better time.

http://www.rockfordgeneralstore.com/

<>< Fish

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
It’s not don’t waste your money. We eat there last summer on the way to N Wilkesboro and said never again.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Come back down 421 to lewisville and got to Old Nicks Pub or maybe schedule a tour and tasting at their distillery?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is an excellent REAL BBQ place in Jonesville which isn't too far from there, The Wood Box, 401 N Bridge St
Jonesville, NC 28642...it's worth the trip to get real wood fired BBQ

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
I'm gonna go against Revo and say that the Wood Box sucks. I think Little Richards is decent though. There are a ton of wineries and more to do if you go to Elkin.

Dan in NC

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Old Nicks Pub is not associated with the distillery. A couple opened the pub and hoped to gain recognition with the name. Old Nicks Distillery is not a big operation but lots of history. Its about 20 min. from Yadkinville towards W-S. My great grandfather worked for Nick Williams. Probably 10 vineyards within 30 min of Yadkinville.

http://oldnickwhiskey.com/site/

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You used to be able to go to the pallet plant and get a load of firewood, I don't think it is there anymore.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Yadkin Valley Seafood on Sunday. Get there about 1130 before Church lets out and get the flounder and shrimp combo!

Last edited:

dbcrowbar

Six Pointer
Little Richards over the Wood Box any day of the week, the only place with better Q than there's is Speedys in Lexenton

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I wanted REAL BBQ..not some propane steamed hog meat soaked in vinegar. " He Ducks and Runs[emoji49]"

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
That's wine country.....big time. Like a couple others have suggested, I might recommend including visits to area wineries for tours and tastings. Back in January, my wife and I went to Elkin for a long weekend and visited 7 or 8 area wineries and really enjoyed it. Neither of us are wine connoisseurs, by any stretch, but we did very much enjoy the experience. We toured a couple of the wineries and did the wine tasting thing at each place that we visited. We bought a bottle of our favorite at each place and took them home....so we could break out a bottle any time there's a special occasion during the year....and kinda rekindle the vibe.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I wanted REAL BBQ..not some propane steamed hog meat soaked in vinegar. " He Ducks and Runs[emoji49]"

Ride down to Pik-N-Pig in Carthage for some great wood fired BBQ. No sauce unless you add it yourself. If you genuinely don't like the BBQ I'll pay for it.

<>< Fish