Bloodworms ?

CarolinaWildlife

Ten Pointer
Big Plans........but dang they aint cheap.
No they ain't....BUT, I can tell you this..the Fish bites bloodworms work WELL..as do the sand flea ones...but that's in saltwater, I don't leave home without them. Never tried them in freshwater.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Fishbites...

Quit using bloodworms when they went up to $12 a pack....around 4-5 worms.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have you actually tried using night crawlers? I know when blood worms went so high we started carrying night crawlers down with us and cutting them up. Anything that we used them on never knew the difference.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
yes, what I am going to be fishing for they wont hit crawlers but they luv Bloodworms. I use crawlers off of a pier spot fishing instead of BW but not in this case.

darenative

Twelve Pointer
Mack, when you needing em?
I was kicking around the idea of heading to weldon shad fishing in the next week or ten days. If any of the tackle shops here on the beach have any in stock yet, I could bring em to weldon.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't bought any in a long time. Might find some at a bait store around Tarboro. There were two bait stores around Rocky Mount /Tarboro that sold them. I know one of those are no longer open, not sure about the other. Blood worms make good rockfish bait. Hard for me to believe somebody don't have some. Cost could be a problem through and maybe can't sell them before they die.