Drum collage 03/17 - 03/19, 2018

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Resized_collage1521488215576.jpg

These are just a few of the fish we've caught over the past 3 days. Connie caught a tagged 23 inch fish on her first cast this morning.

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I see Mike responded below with the beach name, so I'll add that Hatteras Jack had been posting some of these (or his) pics on Facebook! :)

Ain't no secret where I love to fish :D. The trick is knowing which sloughs are holding fish on which tide and what baits to use ;). We've caught fish this week from north end to south point, ocean and sound side.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Ain't no secret where I love to fish :D. The trick is knowing which sloughs are holding fish on which tide and what baits to use ;). We've caught fish this week from north end to south point, ocean and sound side.

I’ve got a good story about the north end from back in December. Better told than typed, but the tide was up, wind out of the NE, one tiny spot of dry sand other than the cedars. Wind and tide had the water pushed up to the dunes. I wasn’t in an ORV area, I had parked at the terminal and hiked in to see if the NE wind had pushed any fish up on the north end other than sharks and blues. Broken light from the moon and squalls moving through, I was heading back to the truck. Noticed something flapping in the dark up ahead on the one dry spot. Walked on up, and it was a red balloon with just enough helium in it to stay about 2ft off the ground. The remake of “It” hadn’t been out too long. Google it if you need to, and the red balloon. Just found it funny that balloon was in the one dry spot on the walk back around, in broken moon light with squall lines moving through.

Got back to the truck and got on the ferry back to Hatteras that night and laid the seat back soon as they parked me. I was OUT. Only me and three other vehicles on the whole thing. Woke up to somebody beating on my window with a flash light and and otherwise empty ferry, docked at Hatteras, other than the workers lol

Last edited:

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer

Congratulations on the anniversary. Best place in the world to spend it.

You nailed the reading the beach. It will pay dividends.