wylie

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
water has cooled back off to about 54.....was 60 to 62 3 weeks ago....bass were not shallow....pretty windy, but nice to be out anyway...nothing on spinnerbait, jig, or tube..

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well as great as the fishing had gotten we were due for a slump.

i have heard your tale from many lakes and fishermen this past week. a good reason to mess with the turkeys.

the upcoming weather doesnt look so great either for the fish.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Upper end on the humps in the channel with an old loaded spot or loaded rattle trap. Those humps hold those green carp all year.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I went out searching for crappie on Badin yesterday for a couple hours in the morning, and that's about all I did - search.

Water was cold - 51-52. A good number of boats out. Mostly bass fishermen actually, but I never saw anyone catch a fish.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
you are way too young to know about loaded Spots.

I guess I’m old because I can’t count how many bass have had my spots sideways in their mouths or down in their throats fishing offshore at Wylie. I really liked the ones Jerry Lohr made.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I guess I’m old because I can’t count how many bass have had my spots sideways in their mouths or down in their throats fishing offshore at Wylie. I really liked the ones Jerry Lohr made.

oh my another angler with history. guess i aint the lone ranger here on the green trout. :)

jerry and david had that deal to themselves for awhile and wylie with those slick out spots was the perfect place for that bait.

we sure did sell a bunch of jerry's baits for a few years.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
Haha! Yea those fish would choke on that bait. I’ve looked for some of those 1 1/8oz spots that he made but can’t find any. Got any connections? Wylie fish were also suckers for a big ol 1 1/2 oz spinnerbait slow rolled. Man those were some good times..... young and fishing almost everyday.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Haha! Yea those fish would choke on that bait. I’ve looked for some of those 1 1/8oz spots that he made but can’t find any. Got any connections? Wylie fish were also suckers for a big ol 1 1/2 oz spinnerbait slow rolled. Man those were some good times..... young and fishing almost everyday.

i dont think i can help you on those but i will see. how many do you want?