Sako rifle

Hoss

Eight Pointer
Any body hunt with a sako rifle. I bought .270 lightweight hunter in the mid eighties this is the most accurate out of the box rifle I ever owned. The trigger is as good as a timney. Anyone else have a similar experience

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
My tikka has a ridiculous trigger. I still get surprised and I've probably put 150 rounds through it this year.

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
Have 2 of them.
85 Finnlight in .270 WSM and an A7 in .300 Win mag. Outstanding performers. Notoriously difficult to hand load for, I can attest to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
My father has a SAKO In .270 Winchester and it is a tack driver. I can't see how you can go wrong with a SAKO. I like the Tikka rifles but SAKO has a lot less in the way of plastic parts.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Have 2 of them.
85 Finnlight in .270 WSM and an A7 in .300 Win mag. Outstanding performers. Notoriously difficult to hand load for, I can attest to that.

What's been the problem hand loading for them? Just curious, my father's .270 and my Weatherby share the same recipe and they shoot lights out. The only difference is I load them longer for the Weatherby because of the generous leade.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
My main rifle is a Tikka t3x lite in .300wsm amazing shooter and great trigger. Also have a Sako finnlight I load for and like battle said they can be picky to load for.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Understood, I guess we got lucky. My main hunting rifle is a model 70 300 wsm. How is the recoil shooting the Tikka? I have looked seriously at buying a t3x lite.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Recoil on my Tikka T3 Lite in 300 win is, umm... abrupt... or stout...

Luckily I've found the load it likes. three shots from the bench every fall to check it, and I'm good to go...

Haha, but I've never felt it when a deer is in the scope...

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Recoil on my Tikka T3 Lite in 300 win is, umm... abrupt... or stout...

Luckily I've found the load it likes. three shots from the bench every fall to check it, and I'm good to go...

Haha, but I've never felt it when a deer is in the scope...

I will say that my sons T3X lite on 308 is not easy to shoot much off the bench with just a t shirt on. Moved a few scopes around about a month ago and we finally got around to re-sighting them on Saturday. after about 10 or so rounds with his gun I was good to go. LOL but it will flat out shoot.......have taken it out to 600 yds and it will keep 10 on a 10 inch steel gong as long as I do my part.

CBD21

Eight Pointer
Understood, I guess we got lucky. My main hunting rifle is a model 70 300 wsm. How is the recoil shooting the Tikka? I have looked seriously at buying a t3x lite.

I’ve never been bothered by recoil I shot a .300wm for years before the tikka. When I went to buy one the only complaint I ever saw was recoil could be stout but in my opinion in the .300wsm it’s very manageable shooting 180gr federal trophy bonded its a ragged 1 hole gun at 100yds.

BattleBornNV

Button Buck
What's been the problem hand loading for them? Just curious, my father's .270 and my Weatherby share the same recipe and they shoot lights out. The only difference is I load them longer for the Weatherby because of the generous leade.

I wouldn’t say I have had “problems” per say.
If you load to book OAL they work. But if you actually try an OAL gauge, there is a mile of freebore. Which in my opinion shows the confidence they have in their builds. I have loaded some fairly accurate rounds but honestly my best groupings have come from factory ammo ran through a concentricity tool.
Both of my Sako’s shot 1/2 MOA out of the box with “good” factory ammo.
Impressive enough.
With premium grade ammo it gets even better yet. They are both zero’d at 200yds and consistently shoot at or just inside 1/2” groups @ 200.

pinehunter

Eight Pointer
Thanks for the reply. 130s are shooting best for me in .270 win. The Sierra game king soft point are the common denominator and accuracy is what you describe 1/2 inch at 200 yards. My father's SAKO has a short throat and sort of a tight chamber. I load him at factory COAL and full length resize.

.308 is what I would get in a Tikka..........

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My Dad has 2, acustom .300 Ashehurst or 8mmx30, and a .300 Win Mag.

Both shoot tiny little ragged hole groups.

The only complaint I have with either is that to really make them shoot, you have to use every bit of real estate you can get out of the magazine or even load them so long you turn them into a single shot.

The .300 Win Mag will shoot a group that is freaking insanely small, as in it will put 5 shots into a single hole that mics .314 from outer edge to outer edge, but only if you load it out so long that you have to use it as a single shot. If you load them to cycle through the magazine that group opens up to around .568 from outer edge to outer edge, which is still acceptable.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Sako is the best production model rifle made. Great triggers and buttery smooth actions. Only negative are their prices. Called a dealer on three separate occasions and asked the three different reps that answered the phone what they would buy between Sako, Mauser, and Sauer and they all said Sako.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
L479 Forrester with a mannlicher stock in .308 is my go to!! Best fitting gun I ever put to cheek........

sll

Four Pointer
I have a Sako 75 in 7STW that I love. Their QC is way above most production rifles with maybe the exception of Cooper rifles.