Gobblin

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Daughter's youth day target has vanished. I'll keep an eye out for him but will scout two other spots before work this week.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Birds have not showed up around here yet. Heard from a church member today that the winter flock that I have been seeing off and on is still flocked up about a mile from the house. They are still bunched up but that should change this week.... Should hear a few gobbles nearby soon

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I went walkabout this afternoon, on a piece of ground I've never been on. One was hammering on his own at 4 o'clock. Not the last time I'll be in that block;)

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Just saw youth day target strutting his stuff after going awol for nearly a week. 4 more days......

nhn2a

Ten Pointer
Went this morning and heard about a half dozen gobbling in different directions. Sounded like surround sound for the first hour.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
Heard one gobbling his head off yesterday afternoon at 3:20 while scouting. Gonna try to get my daughter on him one afternoon this week.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Went to a spot that is usually a good early season location. Not a sound. Good thing I scouted it instead of bringing my daughter in blindly before school.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Saw 2 big strutters doing their thing for the hens this morning taking the boys to school. 1/2 mile from the house. I wish they would mosey on over.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Went to the spot that I posted a pic of 3 longbeards last week. Not a sound at all. Usually would hear multiple birds even if they are not on the property. Guess the hunt club moved their corn pile deeper into their land.......

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
One of my hunting neighbors up in Rockingham county told me today that he has heard a few birds but they have not been gobbling hard yet. They did kill a bird on Saturday on youth day.

JD1107

I Heard two fire off this afternoon while I was fishing. Crept up to the truck just in time to grab the binos and watch a group of 7 make the trip across the field to where they roost. 4 jakes and 3 Toms.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Headed fishing this eve and saw 6 longbeards crossing the road in a group.

1/2 mile down the road and saw a lone hen.

Not sure what to make of it all.

Ps Sure hope they are not screwed up like the fish... this cold weather pushed the crappie off the banks big time

Attachments

• A5C8BF3C-703D-4B27-993D-E5A7256E5387.jpeg
    A5C8BF3C-703D-4B27-993D-E5A7256E5387.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 23
  • C16C4B27-59F7-47C9-AE81-C08711F1088F.jpeg
    C16C4B27-59F7-47C9-AE81-C08711F1088F.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 23

JD1107

Ps Sure hope they are not screwed up like the fish... this cold weather pushed the crappie off the banks big time
Was able to hook up with a few in the same spot I’ve been catching them past two weeks. I brought a young man out that I work with who has downs so I wasn’t really fishing much just helping him. They were liking the worm on bobber with a slooow retrieve. He ended up catching 6 for the day (2 cats, 3 crappie, and a brim).

B8698874-F9D7-4E11-9EF5-CCD893EAB92E.jpeg

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I worked in Duplin County this morning. I was working in one field, and heard a bird gobbling his head off in another field across a patch of woods. Finished up what I was doing about 11:30 and he was still blasting away, so I decided to see if I could get a look at him. Unfortunately, I found there was a small swamp between us, and had to abandon the mission.