Here is sum Shad for those wanting to Scratch that Shad itch !

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Aki and I went Sunday to the Noke for only 2 hours and caught close to 50 in that time. good times.

[video=youtube;j2xZOWlQPbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2xZOWlQPbY&lc=z22lsjwxzte2wbnbk04t1aokgrj5o4enurtzb3dn5mezrk0 h00410[/video]

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
I stumbled across your youtube page the other day by accident and i thought to my self "Dang he could catch fish in a mud puddle". Then i seen the bowfin video on your bike and and thought "Well he literally just caught a fish in a mud puddle."
:

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
Well how was it other than windy and cool?
Water level?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Well how was it other than windy and cool?
Water level?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It was a little cold but we were out of the wind. The Bite was really good 1hr before dark to dark. In that hour 4 of us caught maybe 40.
they have dropped the water from yesterday and tonight at 12 they are dropping it to 2000 cfm for the weekend. I caught 2 little stripers as well...

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I stumbled across your youtube page the other day by accident and i thought to my self "Dang he could catch fish in a mud puddle". Then i seen the bowfin video on your bike and and thought "Well he literally just caught a fish in a mud puddle."
:

Where is the "Like" Button and you didnt subscribe?:eek:

Today was another awesome 3 hrs on the water except today the hot color was Pink.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Ya know what, in the 10 or so years I've used YouTube I don't think I've ever liked or subscribed to any video or page. I guess I don't think about it like other social media, but I'm not a "liker" on other social media either. I'm the guy whole throws off the algorithm and just searches for what I want to see and then fall down the rabbit hole of suggested videos.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Ya know what, in the 10 or so years I've used YouTube I don't think I've ever liked or subscribed to any video or page. I guess I don't think about it like other social media, but I'm not a "liker" on other social media either. I'm the guy whole throws off the algorithm and just searches for what I want to see and then fall down the rabbit hole of suggested videos.

No problem ....glad you enjoyed it. I will hopefully have some more Bowfin videos this summer.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
No problem ....glad you enjoyed it. I will hopefully have some more Bowfin videos this summer.
Actually caught my first bowfin this morning at Harris. Heck of a fight on those light action crappie trolling rods. I thought I had a 10 lb bass on until he came up.
8bb2277b0e4ea7c1470ba6cf2dd10f5b.jpg

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Actually caught my first bowfin this morning at Harris. Heck of a fight on those light action crappie trolling rods. I thought I had a 10 lb bass on until he came up.
8bb2277b0e4ea7c1470ba6cf2dd10f5b.jpg

bowfin are definitely scrappers - love catching them

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, cant tell from the video exactly, but it looks like you are fishing a single jig or dart only, I am guessing that is due to the single barb less hook regs in the Roanoke. It is my understanding that you can not fish the normal dart/spoon rig there, is that correct?

23mako

Ten Pointer
Mack, cant tell from the video exactly, but it looks like you are fishing a single jig or dart only, I am guessing that is due to the single barb less hook regs in the Roanoke. It is my understanding that you can not fish the normal dart/spoon rig there, is that correct?

That starts April 1 in the Roanoke and only upriver from highway 258. But you are correct that even if you are shad fishing you are only allowed one hook and can't fish tandem rigs after the 1st of April. Single barbless hook only.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, single hook rule starts 4/1....I started off with tandem but went to single with a big split shot as that way it d sinks faster and gets deeper than the double rig. Fish were extremely tight to the bottom.