So Proud!!!

Starfan

Eight Pointer
My son is Vice President of the Wake Forest bass fishing team. He his teammate and one other boat from Wake went to Lake Guntersville Alabama and fished a Yeti FLW College fishing tournament this past weekend. My son and his partner weighed in a 5 fish limit that weighed 19.8. They finished 17th out of 270 boats to qualify for the national championship at a lake yet to be determined. Proud of my boy! If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
Thanks guys. They were fortunate to find some fish. Only the second time he had seen the lake.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
That'll work. Congratulations to your son and his partner. It's not easy catching them on a new lake.

I have to ask, what did it take to win if 19 lbs was 17th?

it must have been a real slug fest. exactly why you go to guntersville.

Starfan

Eight Pointer
Thanks again for all of the kind words guys. The wining team was from The University of Tennessee and they had over 25 pounds.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
the college circuit is now the pathway for many to the pro level. the youngsters are killing the old timers with their youth and technical ability with the electronics.

Good Luck to your team in the nationals.

keep us posted Starfan.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
That is great. Congratulations with getting warmed up with a nice catch and good luck to him for the next event.

gameland

Twelve Pointer
the college circuit is now the pathway for many to the pro level. the youngsters are killing the old timers with their youth and technical ability with the electronics.

Good Luck to your team in the nationals.

keep us posted Starfan.

That’s exactly right!! Those that can afford the electronics and are able to use them effectively will beat your brains out 10 months out of the year.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats to your son but I gotta say it.........go VOLS!!! :):):)

Guy I graduated with just became A new instructorat wake Forest. I think he is teaching wildlife courses in the brand new environmental major program.