Franchi Affinity???

mullet dredge

Six Pointer
In the market for a 12ga 26" in Bottomland.....Anyone own one? Any known problems?

Have heard of one or two with short striking issues....that have been quickly and easily taken care of by the factory. Got a buddy who is notoriously tough on equipment and uses his Affinity as the proverbial boat paddle with nary a hiccup.

Let me hear it....good bad ugly!

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
I've had an affinity for about 4 years, I absolutely love it. I got it from my gun obsessed former boss for $400 with less than a box of shells through it at the time. The only thing I had trouble with when I first got it was if the bolt isn't completely closed it will not fire! It only took a few times "clicking" at birds for me to get over the habit of being easy closing the bolt, just let it slam and do its thing and you will be fine. I also like the fact that the recoil spring is in the forearm and not the buttstock like its more expensive cousin. A big plus for a duck gun who's buttstock gets damp on the walks in to the swamp.

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I’ve got the 912 variomax and it’s similar, only bad I’ve encountered is needing to replace a lost o ring seal but that’s it, great guns and I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Unless you are just dead set on owning a Franchi, you would be getting basically the same gun but cheaper by buying a stoeger. The fit and finish maybe a tab bit better on the Franchi, but if it’s going to be a hunting gun it doesn’t matter. I have several stoegers and have never had any problems with them once they are broke in.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I have a Affinity 3 20 gauge a couple weeks ago. Only thing I noticed is the loading of shells is tough on the thumb, but again, I have only owned it for two weeks. Can report back once I get more time shooting it. A couple friends of mine have the 12 gauge version and love them. I ordered mine in MOBL, but they were backordered for awhile so I went with Max 5 instead. In Max 5 I am able to get a youth stock for the kids to shoot this gun as well.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
,you would be getting basically the same gun,,,,,,

that's the funniest phrase I hear,,,,,"basically the same gun",,,,basically the same boat,,,basically the same car,,,,

what the heck does that mean? the are similar in overall look????

The Stoeger is a decent gun,,,it doesn't rank with a Franchi,,,which isn't quite as good as a benelli,,or browning A5,,,,,

all opinions,,,but I love the "basically the same" mindset,,,,,,

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
You know, like a Chevy Tahoe and an Cadillac Escalade are "basically the same" the latter is just a whole lot more fancy!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You know, like a Chevy Tahoe and an Cadillac Escalade are "basically the same" the latter is just a whole lot more fancy!

exactly,,,,a sharpei is basically the same as a Lab,,,,,

Mullet Dredge - get you the Affinity if you like it,,,,great gun from my experience - or if you want a lesser priced one, get a stoeger, hear good things "once they are broke in" but have no experience with them,,,I know my affinity has been a good gun since day one, and it takes a beating,,,,,looking at a cerakote job on it as I am sick of the "black gun" look of mine though,,,

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
that's the funniest phrase I hear,,,,,"basically the same gun",,,,basically the same boat,,,basically the same car,,,,

what the heck does that mean? the are similar in overall look????

The Stoeger is a decent gun,,,it doesn't rank with a Franchi,,,which isn't quite as good as a benelli,,or browning A5,,,,,

all opinions,,,but I love the "basically the same" mindset,,,,,,

They use the same internal as far as the recoil system, and other then esthetics the guts are the same gun. Like I said fit and finish are better on the Franchi. I own a 912 variomax and it is a great gun. I also own 4 stoegers and they are good guns. Guess I offended some folks who own Franchis. When the only difference between anything is just the outer shell, but the guts and frame are the same, then that is pretty much the same gun.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They use the same internal as far as the recoil system, and other then esthetics the guts are the same,,,,, Guess I offended some folks who own Franchis. When the only difference between anything is just the outer shell, but the guts and frame are the same, then that is pretty much the same gun

Can't offend me on guns - own or have owned most makes and I'm not a fanboy of any of them (other than savage 99s)

That comment (basically the same) just strikes me funny in these discussions,,,,

Excuse me for that

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Can't offend me on guns - own or have owned most makes and I'm not a fanboy of any of them (other than savage 99s)

That comment (basically the same) just strikes me funny in these discussions,,,,

Excuse me for that

it may strike you as funny, but it is true and there are lots of folks who fail to understand that, kind of like the tahoe and escalade point that was made earlier. even though it was meant as a smart :donk:donk:donk comment, the poster was actually spot on and made the point that the fan boys fail to see. The Bennelli fan boys are some of the worst. not sure why people get so hung up on stuff because it has a certain name on it. I guess I just view things as tools and cant fathom spending tons of money for something that has name 'XYZ' on it just because it has name 'XYZ' on it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I guess I just view things as tools and cant fathom spending tons of money for something that has name 'XYZ' on it just because it has name 'XYZ' on it.

On that we agree , except savage 99s - they are unique works of art!

- but the op fellow specially asked on an affinity so that is what I, and others, addressed

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
my affinity is all black (won it at a DU or NRA banquet - don't remember which),,,,fits me great and shoots nice,,,,but I am tired of the black,,,

should do a contest to pick the color for it's next rendition,,,,,,,,

you won't regret an affinity in my opinion,,,,nice gun

greenoakl

Six Pointer
If you are not in big hurry you can probably find the best deal on gunbroker. Just bought a XYZ 20ga on there and saved a bunch. My neighbor has a 20ga affinity that he likes a lot.