Favorate diaphragm calls?

aerochris

Button Buck
I have some old Lohman diaphragm calls that I like to use. But it's interesting to hear that there are local people who make calls. I would like to try a local made call some time.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
well my latest favorite is a del crow provided by dhsten.

they have the old style slick white tape that i really prefer. very easy call to run.

I havent done my usual yawking all winter so i need a call that maximizes my limited ability. this one does.

Last edited:

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
well my latest favorite is a del crow provided by dhsten.

they have the old style slick white tape that i really prefer. very easy call to run.

I havent done my usual yawking all winter so i need a call that maximizes my limited ability. this one does.

I've been liking the Quaker Boy Kee Kee and Boss Hen lately. They also have that slick white tape...

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
Quaker Boy Screamin Green Nasty Old Hen. I will say I like my older ones better. I purchased several from Carolina Custom calls this year that I really like. Now to see what Mr. Tom thinks.

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wynne's Custom Calls made by Eddie Wynne out of Hertford. I've been using his calls for years and love them.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Quaker Boy Screamin Green Nasty Old Hen. I will say I like my older ones better. I purchased several from Carolina Custom calls this year that I really like. Now to see what Mr. Tom thinks.

I've tried the Screamin Green but have found them to be too boisterous for my taste. Like you, I like the older ones better! I've found out about the benefits of calling softly.

klim

Twelve Pointer
The only mouth call I’ve ever sound worth a dang on is the Primos diamond cutter.

Tar Heel Sportsman

Four Pointer
I go to UNC, and one of my best friends makes diaphragm calls every day in his dorm room. best calls ive ever used. they blow all of my 30+ primos and woodhavens ive bought out of the water. never been able to get the exact pitch and tension that i want in a call, but these are incredible. PM me if anyone wants contact information