Dixie deer classic

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
Considering it has only been open for 2 1/2 hours.... I imagine the first people there are still there.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Just left. It was nice to not fight crowds, check out everything I wanted to and enjoy a couple of hours walking around. Got my NE buck and a dead head from Jordan Lake area scored, picked up some jerky, joined the RMEF and bought a Treewalker

Last edited:

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
I heard the biggest lie I've heard in quite some time today. A man working the Osprey scope booth told a potential customer that he was shooting dime sized groups at 1,200 yards with his Creedmoor and an Osprey scope. I had to ask did he really say 1,200 yards and he confirmed that's what he said. :D

<>< Fish

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I heard the biggest lie I've heard in quite some time today. A man working the Osprey scope booth told a potential customer that he was shooting dime sized groups at 1,200 yards with his Creedmoor and an Osprey scope. I had to ask did he really say 1,200 yards and he confirmed that's what he said. :D

<>< Fish

must have been a 1 shot group.......

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns

<>< Fish

Lol are they really there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
I went this afternoon and walked around for a couple of hours, the parking lots were full but it didn't seem to be that many people inside.
There were a bunch of outfitters as usual, didn't seem to be as many vendors as in past years.
I picked up another Havalon knife while I was there and a shirt for my wife.
I saw some nice bucks that were scored and on display but it was still early afternoon and I'm sure there will be plenty more
bought in this weekend.

old school

Six Pointer
Took in a buck for scoring. EJW was having a half price sale on camo clothing, shoes, and Yeti Hoppers. The last 30 Field Tan ended up going home with me. Also some new strikers from Grand Slam, Pecker Wrecker's, and Dead End Calls. Biggest advantage on Fridays is of course less of a crowd. Biggest con is there are very few deer up for viewing. Another important visit was by the NRA booth where I re-upped for five more years.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Lol are they really there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were a bunch of tables with lots of Osprey scopes setup just as you entered the Dorton Arena. Not sure if they were just selling them or were company related.

<>< Fish

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
There were a bunch of tables with lots of Osprey scopes setup just as you entered the Dorton Arena. Not sure if they were just selling them or were company related.

<>< Fish
Maybe the DDC were giving them away....They make outstanding paper weights.

sent from...... Tapatalk

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Headed down this morning. Need a handful of turkey strikers for sure, but I'm hoping to find a few other things to ride home with me. Either way it's gonna blow my 7-year old's mind.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Aren't any of you folks taking any pictures? Be interested in seeing a little taste of what is going on out there. Surely Firedog and QBD have a shot of their booth. How about Conman. Any one else?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
rook... go to their facebook page and look under posts. Just saw some walk-around video they have up from yesterday and today. Not a lot of deer on it but it looks like they are posting video regularly. I did see QBD at the NC Trappers Booth and saw Mr. and Mrs. Conman at their booth. If I'm not going to be there that is the next best thing, plus I won't get the flu.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
According to the signs at the booth in the Jim Graham building where they sell the DDC this is the last year for the the Confederate battle flag on the merchandise thy sell. I wonder if they'll take Dixie out of the title of the event also?

<>< Fish

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Went for about an hour on Saturday afternoon to get the girls out of the house. Last time I&#8217;ll do that! Was a freakin mad house. I just don&#8217;t like crowds. Too crowded to really look at anything.

Ridge Runner

Button Buck
I talked to the guy at the booth selling the DDC merchandise, he said they have new people running things, and they want to remove the Confederate flag and replace it with the American flag. Even though they haven't had any complaints or comments about the Confederate flag. I asked him about the Dixie name and he said as of right now they are keeping it.

Last edited:

Excursion

Ten Pointer
I have been going for over 30 years. I will not be going back. Dang shame they are moving this direction but I'm out!

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I went for some turkey stuff, and I was hoping to look at some box stands. We accomplished both of those, but in 3 large buildings I didn't find anything else I needed.

There are way too many out of state outfitters, IMO. Those are a waste of space to me. I'd rather see more in state stuff and new products. I'm not sure why there aren't more manufacturers there. Every companies have reps and booths that they take to the national shows, why not here? The numbers are here.

It would not have been worth the trip for me if I didn't have my father and my son with me.