plantar fasciitis

redbow

Ten Pointer
Anybody have it? Ever have it? If so, what helped? I've had it in my left heel for about a month now and it is really a pain.

treein dixie

Twelve Pointer
Guessing you just have a knot, from what I have read they can remove it for it to just come right back! No cure really.

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I suffer from it. The biggest help I have had is new shoes often. They don’t have to look worn out to be worn out. I also change insoles a ton.

I do a lot of hiking so it’s important to make sure I take care of my feet

It’s been passed down in my family so I’ve seen people try everything from surgery to wearing s boot at night.

The only thing I’ve seen that worked a litt was getting the shockwave treatmentand then religiously wearing custom orthotics.

Crappie man

Six Pointer
Just recently had it on my left heel.Was so bad I could hardly walk and couldn’t stand on concrete at work for 30 minutes at a time. Podiatrist did a cortisone injection and gave me heel cups along with exercise program. I bought a pair of Brooks Addiction Walkers and wear the cups . I have not had any more problems now for 2 months.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Freeze a water bottle, then lay it on the floor and roll it back and forth with your foot, applying steady, firm pressure while doing so; this will help stretch the tendons / tissues. Do this 3 - 4 times a day for several minutes each time.

I have a large piece of a wooden curtain rod (2" diameter by 6" long) that I keep in my office that I keep for this purpose. I've had P. F. for several years now, and this exercise does help.

BVB

Four Pointer
Freeze a water bottle, then lay it on the floor and roll it back and forth with your foot, applying steady, firm pressure while doing so; this will help stretch the tendons / tissues. Do this 3 - 4 times a day for several minutes each time.

I have a large piece of a wooden curtain rod (2" diameter by 6" long) that I keep in my office that I keep for this purpose. I've had P. F. for several years now, and this exercise does help.

^This works well, and adding a good stretch routine does wonders. (in the morning, and before bed.) Good shoes and getting new shoes more often is also great advice.

Calf stretch standing, and cradle the ball of your foot in a towel, while sitting on the floor with legs outstretched. gently pull and stretch the toes toward the body.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
All valid responses. Dr. Scholl's inserts from Walmart prevent reoccurrence for me. I wear them all the time.

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
I had it for a long time and i bought some cheap inserts for all my shoes and wear them in almost every shoe. Basically has gone away but a night out with some dress shoes that are flat can make it flare back up a bit.

firedawg60

Twelve Pointer
Everything already mentioned, plus do not go barefooted any except shower time. Put on good shoes with proper insoles before getting out of bed and putting any weight on the foot. That seemed to help me as much as anything.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
All good advise so far.
Another good thing is to take a bath towel lay out on the floor.
Use your toes only and make the towel into a ball.
Repeat several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbaile

Ten Pointer
Had it about year and 1/2 ago was really bad in right foot , went to podiatrist and got cortisone shot and orthodics for my shoes instant he gave me shot pain was gone,have not any issues since thank god. feel your pain brother.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Insoles and they make this nubbed rubber thing to help, looks like an old school hair roller. Just put it on the ground and roll it under your heel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
I've had it since 2011, both feet, and nothing has helped me. I tore fascia in right foot. Calf stretches and frozen water bottle would be a good start, plus new shoes. My Dr always recommends Brooks running shoes, the motion control version (Addiction or Beast, not cheap though).

I've been through everything: injections, 1 non-invasive procedure, 2 surgeries (1 each foot, plantar fascia release & tarsal tunnel release), boots, casts, 2nd opinion at Duke, you name it I've tried it. Still hurt every day. Trying a new night boot now that attaches above the knee, below the knee, at ankle, & foot. Have to wear for 1 hr each night.

Good luck.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Anybody have it? Ever have it? If so, what helped? I've had it in my left heel for about a month now and it is really a pain.

Look up my old post about the same thing! I not only beat it, I Ghengis Khaned that stuff!!!

gnorris74

Spike
Had it back in college, every night sit on the side of the bed and stretch your toes back, this exposes the tendon and then rub with pretty good pressure from base of heel to ball of toes. Will hurt like hell while you do it but it loosens that foot up before bed. They also have ankle braces they sell they keeps your foot locked in a walking position to stop the tendons from shortening over night, essentially an 8 hr stretch to make the mornings more bearable. Only real fix for me was more stretching and activity.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Inserts. I have had it for years. Certain shoes will make it worse. Cowboy boots are the worst. Usually the right soft padded insert will work.

HuntinCop

Twelve Pointer
I was recently diagnosed with it as well as heel spurs. Good recommendations on the stretching, water bottle rollers, etc. As mentioned above, go to a good running store and they can set you up for the right shoe for your feet. They look at your foot prints to see how your feet rest on the floor, as well as how your ankles roll while walking/jogging and tell you which style of shoe will fit best. I did go with Brooks and they are expensive but well worth it.

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Ive had it 8 years now and im constantly on my feet as a farmer and mechanic. Ive basically learned to live with it. Went to the doc he didnt do much but give me a boot and some muscle relaxers which didnt help. Find a comfortable pair of shoes or boots AND socks. Trust me socks make a difference. I wear Irish Setter Elk Tracker boots with Duluth Trading compression socks every day. Match your insoles with a good pair & i have to change mine every 3 months atleast. Youll learn what hurts and what doesnt over time. Also know your limits and get off of it and stretch it a bit if it gets bad