Triangle Permit Options

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
When applying you get 5 options but there are only 4 hunts for each of the 3 triangle gamelands and you can't put in a duplicate. I choose BFNGL and then hafta throw in a Jordan to make up 5. Anybody ever drawn their "throw in?" What did you do?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Never got throw in choice. demand is high for Butner and Jordan id say by your 5th choice nothing left lot people I know put their 1st choice as late season just hoping to get it

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
how come?

Harris was good about a decade ago. Progress Energy clear cut almost the whole thing. I think the harvest was once in the teens. Now you might see 3 birds come off of it. And they're starting to sell portions for new neighborhoods.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I dont remember ever drawing anything beyond my 2nd choice.

once your party number is drawn, they go down your preferences till there is an open date. That (quote) just means they haven't filled your dates yet.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Harris was good about a decade ago. Progress Energy clear cut almost the whole thing. I think the harvest was once in the teens. Now you might see 3 birds come off of it. And they're starting to sell portions for new neighborhoods.

I had 5 spots on Harris where I could kill a bird. Then they cut it over. I quit going there when my spots were cut down faster than I could find another in an ever dwindling set of possibilities.