Billy Graham Died This Morning

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
RIP big Preacher in your eternal mansion in the Sky...Prayers for his family and friends sent..

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Just heard that myself. Prayers sent for his family and friends but I know Mr Graham is in better shape than any of us now.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I remember seeing him multiple times in the football stadium in Birmingham, Alabama when I was a small child. My dad was in Bible college at Southeastern Bible College and we went to lots of these kinds of events. He was able to capture an audience and relay the Gospel unlike many preachers of the current times. God got a good one yesterday.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
God Blessed us with Billy Graham! I prayed for his family and friends, but no doubt Billy Graham went home today!

Great teaching point about his crusades this morning and sad really........

Can you imagine 8 weeks of nightly revival in Los Angeles or 4 months straight of nightly revival in Madison Square Garden now?

This world needs a new revival and spiritual crusade.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
WE are so blessed as North Carolinians to say he was from here!! But even more blessed so say we know where is has gone!! I was reading today that Franklin was preaching in a prison in 2005, in Louisiana. The prisoners made their own caskets. He asked them to build ones for his mother and father. They did. And Billy Graham will be buried in a simple pine box with a mattress pad in it. Rest with the Lord forever.

old school

Six Pointer
Billy Graham came through in a time when we still had God fearing people that loved the Lord and actually wanted to hear His word proclaimed. Graham filled that void in so many lives that were searching and receptive to what was missing and in doing so many souls were won to Christ. I am afraid that a whole house full of Franklin Graham's can not make a dent in trying to live up to the task his Father set upon. I continue to include our country in my prayers and have included the Graham family today.

23mako

Ten Pointer
Billy Graham came through in a time when we still had God fearing people that loved the Lord and actually wanted to hear His word proclaimed. Graham filled that void in so many lives that were searching and receptive to what was missing and in doing so many souls were won to Christ. I am afraid that a whole house full of Franklin Graham's can not make a dent in trying to live up to the task his Father set upon. I continue to include our country in my prayers and have included the Graham family today.

I agree old school. I think what made people (even who were not religious) respect Billy Graham is he stayed out of politics. Franklin doesn't seem to be as concerned with that.

I believe many people if not more still experience that void in life today. Could there be another revival? Who knows.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
I agree old school. I think what made people (even who were not religious) respect Billy Graham is he stayed out of politics. Franklin doesn't seem to be as concerned with that.

I believe many people if not more still experience that void in life today. Could there be another revival? Who knows.

Certainly our lose is God's gain and a revival would be great for our nation. Never saw Reverend Graham in person, but sitting with my family watching him speak on prime-time TV certainly is part of what I consider a "simpler time". I have to think that the thoughts and memories we each have of Reverend Graham echo the words that greeted him into our Saviors arms, "Well Done Good and Faithful Servant".

I'm not sure that Franklin is so much more interested in being involved in politics or, have politics gotten so involved in moral issues that there is much more of a blurred line?

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Certainly our lose is God's gain and a revival would be great for our nation. Never saw Reverend Graham in person, but sitting with my family watching him speak on prime-time TV certainly is part of what I consider a "simpler time". I have to think that the thoughts and memories we each have of Reverend Graham echo the words that greeted him into our Saviors arms, "Well Done Good and Faithful Servant".

I'm not sure that Franklin is so much more interested in being involved in politics or, have politics gotten so involved in moral issues that there is much more of a blurred line?

One of Billy Grahams biggest regrets was getting involved in Politics.