Wore out the Crappie today

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Fished today for 4 hours and caught 35~ Crappie. kept 10 all over 10 inches with the biggest 4 at 12, 13, 13.5 and 14 inches. Now I have me some nice crappie Fillets and some crappie heads frozen which I will use for Bluecat bait in the Dan or Neuse. Tactic today was to throw to shallow stumps and brush in 3-5 ' of water, using Kalns Acid Rain grub on A Monks Chartruese head. The crappie are way shallow now but right at dark they moved to 6-7 ft deep.

1-14  inch North Carolina Crappie 1.jpg

Last edited:

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
I'll probably be going after them myself later today. Since the cove froze over for about three weeks they moved out and haven't come back in the numbers they were present in before.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice catch!

Muddy as can be here, but I bet smaller waters will fish pretty well this week.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I'm glad you kept that a secret because nobody else fishes those lakes. We wouldn't want more people doing it.

No problem
..figured 26000 acres would give them enough. You got to remember most of the guys out there catch squat. 10 percent of the fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish. If you are in the 90 percent that catches 10 percent you worry about other fishermen. If you are in that 10 percent that catches 90 percent of the fish other fishermen don't bother you...

Last edited:

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Water temp was low 50s sunday i figured they were making there way to shallow water. I wonder how theyll react to the crazy temperature fluctuations of the next couple of weeks.

JD1107

Good stuff!! I love me some crappie fillets! It’s getting real close to the time of year I caught my personal best out there on one of those piedmont lakes. Friend and I caught a couple hundred that weekend.

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
Good stuff!! I love me some crappie fillets! It’s getting real close to the time of year I caught my personal best out there on one of those piedmont lakes. Friend and I caught a couple hundred that weekend.

Snuggs and I waiting on it too Jake! Cant wait...

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
No problem
..figured 26000 acres would give them enough. You got to remember most of the guys out there catch squat. 10 percent of the fishermen catch 90 percent of the fish. If you are in the 90 percent that catches 10 percent you worry about other fishermen. If you are in that 10 percent that catches 90 percent of the fish other fishermen don't bother you...

If that were true, assuming you are part of the top 10% that catch 90%, you would just say which lake and maybe even post the GPS coordinates, because other fishermen don't bother you.

You can't be the 90% of the guys that catch "squat" because you are always posting fish...

Have I got this figured out?

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
[/B]

If that were true, assuming you are part of the top 10% that catch 90%, you would just say which lake and maybe even post the GPS coordinates, because other fishermen don't bother you.

You can't be the 90% of the guys that catch "squat" because you are always posting fish...

Have I got this figured out?

Bud, I don't think you have figured anything out on this forum.

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I actually told my son that he needed t o go there today and take a friend and I also told Aki who is one of my fishing friends and they all met up out there today and caught some. Nothing better than putting some fine young me all 21 years old on some fish. One of them had a birthday today .

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am in the 90% group........going to work on my 10% of the fish this morning! Sure beats working!

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Bud, I don't think you have figured anything out on this forum.

I'm just trying to make sense of your post. Thanks for helping. :)

Am I safe to assume that it wouldn't bother you if some 90%er was all up in your crappie hole rooting out fish before you got there? That wouldn't bother you?

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
I'm just trying to make sense of your post. Thanks for helping. :)

Am I safe to assume that it wouldn't bother you if some 90%er was all up in your crappie hole rooting out fish before you got there? That wouldn't bother you?

Uh, I had 3 90 percentage guys on my crappie hole yesterday. I told them where to go. Not following your line of thinking. But that is not surprising with the stuff you post.

23mako

Ten Pointer
I actually told my son that he needed t o go there today and take a friend and I also told Aki who is one of my fishing friends and they all met up out there today and caught some. Nothing better than putting some fine young me all 21 years old on some fish. One of them had a birthday today .

I was in no shape to fish on my 21st birthday unless fishing in the cooler counts. :cool:

Nice catches mack.