When to buy a riding lawn mower?

wncdeerhunter

Old Mossy Horns
When’s the best time to hit Lowes or another store up for the best deal? When do they put them on sale usually? I’m going to get one for the upcoming season, just looking at when to buy.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
When’s the best time to hit Lowes or another store up for the best deal? When do they put them on sale usually? I’m going to get one for the upcoming season, just looking at when to buy.
In the fall usually is when you can buy them cheapest.

Red

Button Buck
Agreed. Start looking late August for the sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Go now and find a scratch/dent model, don't drive 100 miles but hit all Lowes in a 50 mile circle, they are out there.

davidson county

Eight Pointer
when I was looking. I found that the one I wanted never really dropped in price. as said, maybe a few dollars in the fall. but not enough to worry about

HighEight

Six Pointer
Spring sale at Home Depot starts sometime at the end of March. Always some mowers in that ad. May have some luck now finding last years models on clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

country

Ten Pointer
Engine died on mine last fall. Priced them last fall and decided to borrow family members while I saved up money. Priced them again earlier this week and they had $500 off deal. Ordered new one and should get it this week. Glad I waited.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Do yourself a favor and go see a reputable dealer in your area....get a small hustler or toro timecutter.....you won’t have to buy another one and you will have a local mechanic and parts store available......Lowe’s and Home Depot are are like used car lots......once you drive it away.....it’s yours....

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Go right now. When I bought my ZT several years ago, the dealer had winter sales that ended by March 1st. I picked up last year’s model for a decent deal.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep they want to sell the stuff now as new stock is on the way.
Make sure you ask. Most lock them in a cage off season and dont have everything on display.

JoeSam1975

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I work at Lowe's part time. Sales usually begin in March unless you can find last years model right now. We have sold all of last years models at our store already. They went quick.

PPDogg14

Button Buck
Do yourself a favor and go see a reputable dealer in your area....get a small hustler or toro timecutter.....you won’t have to buy another one and you will have a local mechanic and parts store available......Lowe’s and Home Depot are are like used car lots......once you drive it away.....it’s yours....

This is truth....