Ladder Safety

Hoss

Eight Pointer
While cutting tree limbs last Wednesday I fell from an eight foot ladder and broke my wrist in several places. I know better that to do this but I stay in a hurry. My wife works for an Otho. Dr. Had X-rays he got me an op. In Raleigh surgery tomorrow. I will be hunting and fishing from nc hunt and fish for next six weeks. Please think and take your time when using ladders!

odie408

Ten Pointer
Tell us your secret spots to hunt and fish and we can better keep you up to date. LOL Hope all goes well tomorrow. Be safe!

lbksmom

Banned
Praying you have a successful recovery. Think safer from now on, as we age we can't do like in 20's. Good luck.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Take it easy for a while... ladders are no joke. I don't try to go more than a couple of steps, my knees start talking to me, telling me to ease back down or they will throw me back down.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Stihl split boom pole pruners is about the best money you can spend for cutting limbs. You can run a saw, hedge trimmers and many other things. Cut those limbs and never leave the ground. Hope they get you fixed up.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Maybe you should subscribe to the Bailey Boat rule of ladders... NEVER more than 2 steps up..... That way you don't have as far to fall!!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Ladders and tree work do not go together, except for accessing the tree and working from a rope, and even then I hate ladders. Glad to hear it wasn’t worse than it was.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Not a tree but at our local Carlie C's. He was on the way down before I could take the picture.
519c5dee2ca2a7273f49ca0d39d16d87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Not a tree but at our local Carlie C's. He was on the way down before I could take the picture.
519c5dee2ca2a7273f49ca0d39d16d87.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That photo says a lot of things in one.

1) he’s stupid
2) the lower boom doesn’t work in that truck, as its laying flat and he shouldn’t easily been able to reach that without a ladder
3) he’s stupid for working out of a bucket that isn’t fully functioning.
4)he’s stupid.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Here's a photo I took several years ago. See the ladder in the middle. I just missed taking the photo with the workman at the top of the ladder. He was climbing back down and is behind the crape myrtle.

IMG_0329.jpg

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Orchard ladders are fine for working on smaller trees and ornamentals, hense “orchard” ladder......

You mean you can’t prop a ladder up on glass?

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Orchard ladders are fine for working on smaller trees and ornamentals, hense “orchard” ladder......

You mean you can’t prop a ladder up on glass?

Yes, propping the ladder on the glass. The workman was working on the window at the time, not trimming the trees. Even if the glass can support it like it did in this situation, the ends of the ladder didn't have any cushioning so the full force was being applied to the glass from the hard edge of the ladder.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Yes, propping the ladder on the glass. The workman was working on the window at the time, not trimming the trees. Even if the glass can support it like it did in this situation, the ends of the ladder didn't have any cushioning so the full force was being applied to the glass from the hard edge of the ladder.

My sarcasm may have been lost in text

SamCo89

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
There’s been a few times in the last 8-9yrs installing security &cctv that I refused to do a job bc of either how I had to work off a ladder or the weather condition while I worked off said ladder, or both.

My philosophy has always been there are somethings I simply don’t get payed enough to do. I’ve seen how accident investigations go, if a company has the slightest idea you were performing an “unsafe” action they will run with it. The fact you were told to "get the job done “ doesn’t save your @ss at that point..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Familyman

Twelve Pointer
Hope you heal up in a hurry. Thanks for sharing....we can all benefit from your warning to be more careful.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Sorry for your pain.

I got hurt on a ladder once also.

Honestly, EVERY time I've been injured either at work, or personal, I was being either careless or in a hurry.

Taproot

You are lucky. It could have ended badly falling from that height. God may be telling you something.