New decoys!!!

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
fc234aa6198c21080e80c2aeca90d1ee.jpg

Just picked up a combo Avian X lcd 1/2 strut jake & laydown hen for $92 at Cabelas. I know some hate using decoys so not trying to start a debate but first set up I’ve seen that I liked for a reasonable price.

willb

Eight Pointer
they look good and i would love to have them but it appears that you need a duffle bag to haul them around?

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
they look good and i would love to have them but it appears that you need a duffle bag to haul them around?

They collapse down and fit in a backpack sized tote that the cane with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
TravisLH, those are some awesome looking decoys. i have seen many mounted turkeys that do not look that realistic. and at that price i'de say you did well.

nchawkeye- best line of the season. :)

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
That was one funny line there. 92 bucks for both sounds like you got really good deal I haven't bought any but if been under impression they were running that much for one Avian they are realistic

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Man they are some good looking decoys, would they fit in pouch in turkey vest.

They’re inflatable and do get small but I think they wouldn’t have a prayer of fitting in most turkey vests I’ve seen

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
The beard may turn around in its hole, allowing you to position it out as it is or rotate down for a hanging beard. Nice looking decoys.

kilerhamilton

Old Mossy Horns
I love one mature strutting decoy but it is a pain in the rear to tote. Especially with a real fan you have to be careful with.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
I have the same set and love them. Had a Jake come in and beat the crap out of the Jake decoy then climb all over the hen last season. They aren’t conducive to run and gun style hunting because they don’t pack well but they are great if staying put in one spot.

Last edited:

Taproot

I bought an Avian set and they sure look lifelike. Carrying them on long hikes starts to feel like toting lawn furniture. Other than that, they are great.

manybeards

Ten Pointer
I've used DSD for several years,but for the past two seasons I've been leaving the decoys at home, and not only am enjoying my hunts a lot more..... I've been more successful. I have to credit QBD for that recommendation!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
cabela's has 16 pages of decoys in their turkey catalog. they are unbelievably realistic.

i truly think they should be banned. turkeys cannot resist. :)

i bet they would come to the decoys better than even corn.

i may need to try them before they get outlawed.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
cabela's has 16 pages of decoys in their turkey catalog. they are unbelievably realistic.

i truly think they should be banned. turkeys cannot resist. :)

i bet they would come to the decoys better than even corn.

i may need to try them before they get outlawed.

You are right as rain.
Furthermore the decoys are frigging expensive now. At least the ones that should be outlawed. LoL😆

Taproot

Has anyone used the Jekyll & Hyde decoy? What is your feedback on it?