Wahoo Stew

Starfan

Eight Pointer
My family I have always eaten oyster stew as long as I can remember. My wife and my daughter loves it but both of them have developed shellfish allergies. I grabbed a bag of wahoo out of the freezer and put together this quick and quite good stew. I put about 3/4s of a gallon of milk, about a pint of half and half, 1 stick of land o lakes butter, and around 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless wahoo. I put my milk, butter and half and half in the pot and put on medium heat with salt and pepper to taste. I then cube my wahoo in approximately 1" pieces. Whenever my liquid gets hot I stir in the wahoo and add a couple of hefty shakes of Tony's seasoning. The fish will flake in a couple of minutes and it's done. Don't over cook the fish because it will get tough. This works really well with wahoo because of the density of the fish. I hope y'all enjoy

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
This sounds tasty!!!!

And other good way to add good flavor to fish stew... If you've got a hoo big enough to fillet, get the filets off and cut the backbone into 8" sections with all that meat still around the spine.

Simmer it in your broth to make an awesome stock and pick the little leftover meat off the bone. Super tasty.