Idiot

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I'll speed this along.....

If we absolutely knew - with certainty - who had the "potential" or "inclination" to cause harm to others, we would have to trash the Constitution and the Bill Rights to deal with them effectively before the fact. In times past, numerous regimes have dealt with "trouble makers" so there's no need for us to reinvent the wheel.

But the bottom line is simply this; The price we must pay to live in a free and open society is we must exercise personal responsibility for our personal well-being. For a number of reasons, we (as a culture) have abrogated that duty to someone else and we're simply suffering the consequences.

Well said. There is nothing else that needs to be said about this.

personal well being

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
i'll speed this along.....

If we absolutely knew - with certainty - who had the "potential" or "inclination" to cause harm to others, we would have to trash the constitution and the bill rights to deal with them effectively before the fact. In times past, numerous regimes have dealt with "trouble makers" so there's no need for us to reinvent the wheel.

But the bottom line is simply this; the price we must pay to live in a free and open society is we must exercise personal responsibility for our personal well-being. For a number of reasons, we (as a culture) have abrogated that duty to someone else and we're simply suffering the consequences.

exactly.....

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
As you may see in video the Ar15 platform or whatever M series has nothing to do with these shootings. Banning or Restricting them will do nothing. You can't stop all these acts from happening. There's to many others avenues to use.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrHOI5x5mU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
How about those evil shotguns that sling lead and copper death pellets by the hundreds at a time? Should we ban those too? Those seem like they could impact a crowd at a much higher rate than a single bullet from a cartridge fired gun.
Your logic on this subject is flawed and your common sense even more. Banning the spoon will not make you less fat.

Please tell me where i mentioned we should ban anything? Read my posts before you reply. Also i wish more shooters thought like you and actually thought a shotgun would be more deadly than a ar-15 in crowds. The death count would be much lower if they did use shotguns. The fact that you cant even understand why the ar-15 is used in these situations shows your lack of knowledge.

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
As you may see in video the Ar15 platform or whatever M series has nothing to do with these shootings. Banning or Restricting them will do nothing. You can't stop all these acts from happening. There's to many others avenues to use.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jrHOI5x5mU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with that logic we might as well allow everyone to hve m249 saws or whatever else light machine gun they want. If the gun isnt contributing to the death counts and the effectiveness of the shooter then why not allow them to have machine guns? We might not be able to stop shooters from happening but we can certainly take measures to limit their effectiveness, and or make it harder for them to obtain which would also buy time to figure out who these guys are.

nchunter2

Eight Pointer
Would you rather have a shooter trying to use a lever action or a semi auto ar-15? idk about you but id rather they have the lever action instead of the ar. I never said any of this would stop shootings. I do think it would make it harder for them to occur and with such lethality. You are also stating your opinion as fact. You have absolutely no clue how any of the laws i proposed would impact if that shooting would have happened or not. Nor do i now if it would have stopped it. I do however think something needs to be done. On one hand people want the government out of their lives and say laws wont help. Then they are at the same time yelling about we need to help the mentally ill to stop this? Earlier in the thread someone blamed obama for cutting health care to mentally ill. well which is it? do you want the government involved or not? Clearly the private sector has failed the mentally ill as well. cant have your cake and eat it too. Your "security" is another's freedom taken away. Again, cant have your cake and eat it too.

If were just going to make opinionated statements and claim them as fact i can do that too. The measures i proposed absolutely would have stopped the shooting and you have no clue what your talking about.

Do unicorns live in your world?

"Nor do i now if it would have stopped it. I do however think something needs to be done." You made my point....you (and all other well-meaning statists) don't know what you don't know, so more laws are the answer to combating evil? OK, while you're at it....how bout a law banning war and injustice and evil SUV's and.....you get the idea, or maybe not, that your proposed solutions are both emotion based AND a detriment to liberty. But keep on with your illogic....because feelings right?

OK, I grant you I made some well-reasoned assertions, but they were based in a decent understanding of human nature and a thorough understanding of our Constitution. Feelings were left out. You might try the same.

Do I want the "government involved or not?" News flash, they are already are and that might be part of the problem. But I will take localized government over the Federal any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
with that logic we might as well allow everyone to hve m249 saws or whatever else light machine gun they want. If the gun isnt contributing to the death counts and the effectiveness of the shooter then why not allow them to have machine guns?

You can own light machine guns.
Just money and paperwork. Anyone that will do that can own about anything.
It is legal...
You can buy a SAW now. Today. On the web. Ship to your dealer and do paperwork. It is a SA but still....

It is not the guns, it is the nut behind the trigger......

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Please tell me where i mentioned we should ban anything? Read my posts before you reply. Also i wish more shooters thought like you and actually thought a shotgun would be more deadly than a ar-15 in crowds. The death count would be much lower if they did use shotguns. The fact that you cant even understand why the ar-15 is used in these situations shows your lack of knowledge.

by "making them harder to get than a handgun" means you are basically banning them from being purchased by those that don't want to go through the process that is necessary to get a pistol permit or similar, those that feel a permit isn't needed for a right that is "God-given" to us as described by the COTUS, ect....
I'll admit to having a lack of knowledge, aka ignorance, about certain topics including nut cases with murderous intent..and hope that I always will.

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
You can own light machine guns.
Just money and paperwork. Anyone that will do that can own about anything.
It is legal...
You can buy a SAW now. Today. On the web. Ship to your dealer and do paperwork. It is a SA but still....

It is not the guns, it is the nut behind the trigger......

Sounds like making it harder to obtain them and all the checks you have to go through might help keep them out of the wrong hands. You helped my argument, thanks.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Gun control <--------> Prohibition, war on drugs, etc.

ANYONE, with motivation and enough cash, can get ANYTHING they want. Laws won't stop it...

Sorry for injecting a little common sense;)

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Also i wish more shooters thought like you and actually thought a shotgun would be more deadly than a ar-15 in crowds. .

Only thing I wish is that all this crap would stop.
No more people wishing they would use one gun over the other.
Why not just wish no one did anything like this period with or without a gun..

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
by "making them harder to get than a handgun" means you are basically banning them from being purchased by those that don't want to go through the process that is necessary to get a pistol permit or similar, those that feel a permit isn't needed for a right that is "God-given" to us as described by the COTUS, ect....
I'll admit to having a lack of knowledge, aka ignorance, about certain topics including nut cases with murderous intent..and hope that I always will.

it does not mean they are basically banned. it means people would have to put forth a little more effort than walking into a store and walking out an hour later with said gun.

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
Gun control <--------> Prohibition, war on drugs, etc.

ANYONE, with motivation and enough cash, can get ANYTHING they want. Laws won't stop it...

Sorry for injecting a little common sense;)

True, but do you think everyone of these shooters would have had the right amount of motivation and cash to carry out their intents with as much ease or effectiveness. the whole "we cant do anything about it so shouldnt even try" argument is BS.

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
You dont really have a argument other than gun control do you.

sensible gun control. Dont think we need to ban anything. Maybe just have a process that might deter or weed out the bad guys. Wont catch or stop all of them but it could help slow down the rate at which they happen and the ease at which they obtain their weapons of choice.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
it does not mean they are basically banned. it means people would have to put forth a little more effort than walking into a store and walking out an hour later with said gun.

You do remember the Brady Bill dont you.
There was a week waiting period to get them.and background checks.
Some had to wait almost 2 weeks or more.

It did nothing,.it changed nothing, it did not stop shootings or use of guns by bad people....

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Funny that on a fishing and hunting forum someone would say this. Without big government regulation you wouldn't have anywhere to hunt or fish. Our land, air, and water would be polluted to the point of hardly any wildlife being able to survive.

Something tells me you won't be around here very long.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

I’m sure that keeps guns out of the hands of the gang bangers and cartels. Great idea!

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
sensible gun control. Dont think we need to ban anything. Maybe just have a process that might deter or weed out the bad guys. Wont catch or stop all of them but it could help slow down the rate at which they happen and the ease at which they obtain their weapons of choice.

So your other has their life threatened. ... You want them to wait a week or two before they can defend themselves....?
Is that a good thing? Would it help them.

In those days of the Brady Bill I talked to people face to face when they showed up and wanted to get a gun after they were attacked or raped....
Never again do I want to tell someone like that they need to wait for a week or more and hope it does not happen again before they can protect yourself.

What would you tell people like that? Its for their own good....

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just heard the Gov of FL make the statement, "The violence has got to stop." Really?

This sort of intellectual ignorance is why government officials are never able to fix anything. They don't understand the problem so it's impossible for them to ever come up with a proper solution?

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Given this kids history he should have been baker acted long ago. Not sure why someone expelled from the school would even be allowed near it. School Officials, LE and FBI dropped the ball on this one big time. We need to focus on getting nut jobs like this some treatment. The background check system needs to be overhauled and have digital feeds from all local, state and federal LEO and the military. Supposedly this kid was in a treatment facility and he checked himself out and then did this.

mumbo_Pungo

Banned
So no gang related killings in our neighborhoods and cities? Got it. &#55357;&#56397;

was clearly being sarcastic. And like i have said a thousand times, what i proposed wont stop anything. DO you think we should allow people to own any weapon they choose? what is your solution to our problems as a society?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
what makes you say that? I enjoy hunting and fishing, and talking about it with others. Does my differing opinion on this subject mean i cant participate on this forum anymore?

Depends on how annoying you are about it. Right now you're entering troll territory. Trolls are annoying. Very annoying.