Idiot

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
FBI has hundreds of agents working on Hillary's emails, Trump and NCAA investigations. Imagine if someone spent more than 20 minutes looking into this a few months ago.

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
I'm seeing where some folks are saying we don't even have enough money to buy school supplies ... but we're going to "arm teachers" (??). NOW all of a sudden they are being "fiscally responsible"? LMAO. How about, "If it saves ONE CHILD? (Abortion issue aside).

This revelation just gives MORE strength to arming personnel already in place. Personnel that have REAL "skin in the game". I'll wager that the few willing and qualified personnel at each school in the USA who are already in those buildings ALREADY OWN at least one suitable firearm and are willing to be trained by local law enforcement agencies (who already do this sort of training) to potentially save their own lives and the lives of "their kids".

Re: the last part of your post. I enjoy conversations about this with my wife (elementary special ed teacher). At her school the teachers are split pretty even conservative vs liberal. Not all of them feel this way but I can promise my wife and plenty others at her school would jump at the chance to take up arms in defense of “her babies”

NCbowjunkie

Ten Pointer
My daughter teaches at the high school that I graduated from 1976. She has a good head on her shoulders. Just as soon as she was old enough she got her conceal carry she was still in college at the time and I felt much better knowing she had protection in the car while traveling back and forth from college. The school she teaches at the county sheriffs wife works there also. It’s the only school in the district that I really feel is safe

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
After quoting and editing and parsing the following article about Sheriff Israel and this school shooting, I just erased it all and left the link. The article is disturbing and made me sick. The dereliction of duty and denial of responsibility and lack of leadership by Sherrif Israel is so overwhelming that it's hard for me not to recognize the similarities to Fast and Furious which is where the actions of law enforcement became agenda driven and the bloodshed is an intentional tool used to generate enough human emotion to quickly pass gun control. Suffice it to say the Hillary and Israel hold identical political views.

Not having a plan, especially after the airport massacre the year before, is egregious. It's so bad it had to be intentional IMO.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/...srael-parkland-leadership-20181213-story.html

Israel.jpg

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah It is amazing that this gets no national coverage whatsoever.

“That responsibility is with the killer,” Broward Sheriff Scott Israel said

Everything from follow up on threats and actions BEFORE the event to no plan in place, to blatant mismanagement on the scene, to individual failure (training or direction?)

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Laws with soft penalties do nothing. Get serious with penalties. For example you murder someone you die. For example you steal you get a hand cut off. Steal again lose another hand. If penalties are tough enough you will see some of this stuff stop.

not a deterrent anymore..criminals view the reward as greater than the risk..a slick aclu lawyer trumps the equation

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Time for public hangings and electrocutions for all murderers. Stiffer penalties is the only real way to deter crimes.

Again not a deterrent..studies have proven it..I think a trained National Guard mirroring Israeli tactics might be the most sensible approach

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Everything else notwithstanding … then why do they always blame the rest of us who didn't do it, the gun, and the NRA?

Seems to be the way these jacklegs think. He is OK to blame any and everyone but also makes it clear it is not him at all. He is nothing but a useless pile of dung.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
not a deterrent anymore..criminals view the reward as greater than the risk..a slick aclu lawyer trumps the equation
Wrong...a dead criminal never killed anyone else or committed anymore crimes. There is no better deterrent than death to keep a murderer from becoming a repeat offender.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll tell you how he still has a job.... His school crime reduction program was funded by the Clintons. What was the basic tenant of the crime reduction program? Simply, don't report the crimes or do anything about them. Don't rush in, don't arrest students, don't file a form.

israel clinton.jpeg

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We essentially solved the hijacking problem by no longer being sheep on a plane. Now we fight back. We're going to have to do the same thing in schools. Instead of this shelter (cower) in place crap, teachers, resource officers and kids need to be taught how to fight back. I think one teacher had a great idea but what shamed into discarding it. He kept buckets of river rocks in a closet. Assuming enough lead time, the idea was to pass out the rocks to all 20-30 kids in the class. If a shooter came into the class, instead of cowering and screaming, they were supposed to throw the rocks at the SOB.

That kind of no victims thinking is what *has* to happen.

richard corn

Ten Pointer
Wrong...a dead criminal never killed anyone else or committed anymore crimes. There is no better deterrent than death to keep a murderer from becoming a repeat offender.

I disagree. Death threats about the needle or juice doesn't mean a rat's arse to the whatever it takes criminal. An LEO's bullet or intended victim's bullet is the only way this threat is stopped.

richard corn

Ten Pointer

Statistics prove this. How many peopled murdered last year. How many caught were electrocuted, lethally injected, hanged, shot via firing squad, or any other state mandate to punish them for their crime. Rest my case.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I disagree. Death threats about the needle or juice doesn't mean a rat's arse to the whatever it takes criminal. An LEO's bullet or intended victim's bullet is the only way this threat is stopped.

I didn't take his statement as meaning the threat of the death penalty.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Also about time....

Disgraced former Broward Sheriff's Office Deputy Scot Peterson has been arrested for his failure to act during the Parkland school shooting that left 17 people dead and 17 others wounded.

FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen said Peterson, a former school resource deputy, "did absolutely nothing to mitigate the MSD shooting that killed 17 children, teachers and staff and injured 17 others."

https://www.local10.com/news/parkla...-scot-peterson-arrested?__vfz=medium=sharebar

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Aand, the results are finally in..
Drum roll please........................

Charges dismissed!!!! Well, actually acquitted of all charges....

Last edited:

agsnchunt

Old Mossy Horns
Aand, the results are finally in..
Drum roll please........................

Charges dismissed!!!! Well, actually acquitted of all charges....

Same jurors probably complained about lack of action in that Texas(?) school last year.

I’m unsure what the law says or what he was charged with, but that dude will forever be known as a coward.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I’m unsure what the law says
Case Law precedent since 1981. The Police are under no obligation to protect you unless you are have a special relationship. That special relationship is stuff like they have you under arrest.

Fortunately the majority of law enforcement officers feel an obligation, but the only one responsible for your safety is you!

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Same jurors probably complained about lack of action in that Texas(?) school last year.

I’m unsure what the law says or what he was charged with, but that dude will forever be known as a coward.

He was charged with 7 counts of felony child neglect, 3 counts of culpable negligence and 1 count of perjury.
Yet, I am truly not surprised with the verdict, although I do not believe it is totally correct.

bwfarms

Old Mossy Horns
He was charged with 7 counts of felony child neglect, 3 counts of culpable negligence and 1 count of perjury.
Yet, I am truly not surprised with the verdict, although I do not believe it is totally correct.

Why don’t you think the verdict is correct?

The list of charges didn’t extend to the shooter’s parents. It’s not a crime to be a coward.

6mm250

Eight Pointer
Folks in The Great State of Tennessee know how to deal with school shooters.

"We will not wait" "We will never wait"
John Drake
Chief of Police
Metropolitan Nashville Police Departrment

Mike