Tss

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
You wanting to load yourself if so Hal is it. If your wanting them already loaded Apex has them but it'll be after convention before can get and they have been out of 9. Nitro company has them. Federal has them only place I know that has them in stock is Rogers sportings goods, cabelas and such has them on back order till toward 1st March

rageslinger

Four Pointer
I was looking more just where they were buying shot from. Looking to see if I could really save money or was it better just to buy Apex shells for small amount of use.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I remember reading somewhere long ago, like 4/5 years, that China was the supplier of TSS and it ran about $50/lb. so that would make it a little more than $3/oz. Bet prices have gone up since then.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I was looking more just where they were buying shot from. Looking to see if I could really save money or was it better just to buy Apex shells for small amount of use.

Cheaper to reload. If you don’t care nothing about reloading, then you’d probably be better off just buying the apex.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
I remember reading somewhere long ago, like 4/5 years, that China was the supplier of TSS and it ran about $50/lb. so that would make it a little more than $3/oz. Bet prices have gone up since then.

I think prices can fluctuate but I’ve never paid $50/lb. but I’ve only be reloading it for about 3 years.

rageslinger

Four Pointer
I have found it for about 46$ lb which still only comes up to about 6-7 shells a pound. Don't mind reloading. Figured some of you guys that do it a lot could point me in right direction.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have found it for about 46$ lb which still only comes up to about 6-7 shells a pound. Don't mind reloading. Figured some of you guys that do it a lot could point me in right direction.

I would think you could get 16 shells per pound or better. Seems like hawglips has touched on it before. I dont think the 12 gauge guys run full loads....although i may be remembering wrong.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns

Dang you goin big or go home!!!! I personally wouldn’t ever load it in a 12 gauge but that’s just me. . I’m not turkey hunter either but I can understand why some do it. I think TSS shines it brightest in the 20, 28 and 410.

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would think you could get 16 shells per pound or better. Seems like hawglips has touched on it before. I dont think the 12 gauge guys run full loads....although i may be remembering wrong.

The Fed loads are 1 3/4oz. That would equate to about 9 shells per pound, unless I'm missing something. The 20's are loaded with 1 1/2oz, which would be about 10 shells per pound.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Are the federal loads buffered? Are they a mixed load?

1-3/4oz of tss 9s sure seems like a ton of pellets.

I was thinking most of the 12 gauge guys were loading 1-1/8 loads and less with tss. I may be wrong. There have been a lot of threads regarding this in the past.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Are the federal loads buffered? Are they a mixed load?

1-3/4oz of tss 9s sure seems like a ton of pellets.

I was thinking most of the 12 gauge guys were loading 1-1/8 loads and less with tss. I may be wrong. There have been a lot of threads regarding this in the past.

The most popular 12 gauge load is 2oz. I have saw all the way up to 2.5oz. The most popular 20 gauge load is 1 5/8oz. It is a whole bunch of lethal pellets!

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
Lots of companies are jumping on the TSS train.

But if you want to load the best shells at the best price, load them yourself. And you end up enjoying the shell twice....