CWD in MS

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Has CRC hijacked your account? Just kidding I think that is first case I've heard in south east. I just have to wonder if this stuff is probably in every state if testing was widespread enough

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Has CRC hijacked your account? Just kidding I think that is first case I've heard in south east. I just have to wonder if this stuff is probably in every state if testing was widespread enough
Naw, it came across my FB account this afternoon I am on several Ms. forums and I just posted it here. LOL

Some of the guys I hunt on down there aren't going to be happy now.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Pursuant to the Order of the Executive Director on behalf of the Commission, effectively immediately, supplemental feeding is banned in the following counties: Claiborne, Hinds, Issaquena, Sharkey, Warren, and Yazoo.

Especially if they are master feeders and baiters in these counties.

I wonder if the NCWRC would ever ban feeding and baiting if CWD is found here?

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Yep-----------------This can be found in the NCWRC plan of action after CWD is found in NC-
especially if they are master feeders and baiters in these counties.

I wonder if the ncwrc would ever ban feeding and baiting if cwd is found here?

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Their not near as hung up on baiting down there as here. Hasn't been legal that long in many parts.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Their not near as hung up on baiting down there as here. Hasn't been legal that long in many parts.

Thats why I wonder if WRC here would not follow the Arkansas route and still allow baiting to reduce the deer herd in CWD areas.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Thats why I wonder if WRC here would not follow the Arkansas route and still allow baiting to reduce the deer herd in CWD areas.

CRC, have you read the NCWRC CWD Response Plan, it is on their website, if you can find it.............................

Taproot

There has been no credible evidence that CWD is transmissible to humans. Despite all that, CWD is devastating. And it is going to deal a serious blow to the hunting industry.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
There has been no credible evidence that CWD is transmissible to humans. Despite all that, CWD is devastating. And it is going to deal a serious blow to the hunting industry.

The first part is true, but the second part is as far from the truth as possible. CWD is much ado about nothing. It is not a herd destroying disease. Deer hunters should be more concerned with blue tongue, loss of habitat and a myriad of other things before CWD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The Quality Deer Management Association
4 hrs ·
Just a reminder to join us LIVE on our Facebook page this evening at 6:30 p.m. EST as QDMA's Kip Adams and Brian Murphy discuss all aspects of chronic wasting d...
See More

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
CWD kills deer over time...years. They will still live long enough to reproduce. But mature/older deer will be even rarer than they are now.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
CWD is much ado about nothing............like I have said, if it is so bad, how is it that there are still large numbers of deer in the areas where it is found.........

shotgunner

Ten Pointer
I would love to see NCWRC be pro-active. Get ahead of this. Go ahead and ban baiting now rather than wait for the inevitable.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
I would love to see NCWRC be pro-active. Get ahead of this. Go ahead and ban baiting now rather than wait for the inevitable.

Deer bait is big business in NC. Check out all the mom and pop signs advertising corn for sale on the side of the roads, not to mention all of the feeders that are sold and scattered all over the landscape. But more importantly, take away that bucket of corn and half the deer "hunters" out there couldn't kill a deer if it was standing on their porch. :LOL:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns

Deer bait is big business in NC. Check out all the mom and pop signs advertising corn for sale on the side of the roads, not to mention all of the feeders that are sold and scattered all over the landscape. But more importantly, take away that bucket of corn and half the deer "hunters" out there couldn't kill a deer if it was standing on their porch. :LOL:

Truth.... I use a lil here and there but I’d say no more than 6 bags in a year, I don’t know how some put out 1000s of pounds a year. If they outlawed it tomorrow I’d be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Only the General Assembly can outlaw deer baiting unless CWD shows up then the WRC has the authority to ban it where CWD is found.