Caswell Hogs and Yotes. Permit night hunt

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Got the drawing for the weekend night hunt for Caswell GL next weekend.

Haven't been up there in a couple years, but got on hogs when I was there.
If anyone on here has a little info about recent sign while coon hunting, or where they ran them during deer doggin, shoot me a PM. It would be greatly appreciated

At the very least, with 18,000 acres to run through, I'm trying to mark spots OFF the list, rather than find a honey hole. I only get Friday night, Saturday, and Saturday night till midnight to get on them.

Hoping to go check the old stand-by spots tomorrow morning before the rain gets bad...

berryman26

Six Pointer
How did it go? I searched around county creek line and didn't see any recent sign when I went a few weeks ago.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Got on one pig late Friday night down south Country Line. Only fresh sign I found. Track looked like 80-100#. Heard it grunt/squeal around 100 yards one time after I cut it's sign, but couldn't get ahead of it before it got on private.
All other sign was so old you could just barely confirm that pigs had been there at some time in the past 6 months. No fresh wallows anywhere.

Walked 14 miles between Friday afternoon and 12 Saturday night. Covered basically everything East of Hwy 62.

Found 6 different packs of yotes... Only 2 packs wanted to play. Wind got me on both setups after they committed.
Had a gang of 4-5 at 50 yards screaming up the holler around 5 on Saturday morning, and the wind turned 180* for exactly 4.2 seconds and they turned into ghosts...

Had a good time, and enjoyed myself, but there isn't near as much hog sign up there as I've seen in the past.

berryman26

Six Pointer
Sounds like you've had better luck than me, but I agree, that it must have calmed down or someone has trapped most of them.
Time to head South.
Cheers.