Cherokee trout tournaments

dbohunts

Six Pointer
Anybody ever fish these? Just looking for some feedback on what to expect if I venture that way.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Never the tournament myself have always heard to crowded so I always avoid good fishing there though usually always catch some good ones.

cgrhyne

Six Pointer
We used to fish it when they closed the season down for a month but kept stocking. Caught a few tagged fish and limited out early. After they quit closing the season, the crowd stayed the same but the numbers went down, we determined it wasn’t worth the effort.

If you go, plan on getting to the hole you’re eyeballing about an hour or two before daylight, if not you’ll have to wait in line.

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
OMG, we have accidentally went up there to fish and choose the tournament day, what a crowd. Usually jammed up closer into town.
We usually fish up by the BRP Bridge. We have had an elk walk out in the creek while we were fishing.
There are a lot if good holes uo there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dbohunts

Six Pointer
Thanks for input everyone. Have fished there every year for almost 25 years, but never a tournament. Probably going to pass, as we are usually looking to get away from crowds when we go.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Good choice I don't mind few but when its elbow to elbow you'd spend more tome untangling lines than catching fish one reason I like to hit it on weekdays