Lost beagle near flat river impoundment

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Like it says , missing 1 female Beagle, black, white and spots and she goes by Rosy. Let me know if you see or get her . She should be from flat river to Stagville.
Tks mack

Last edited:

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
No, was out there today putting up posters and looking with my dog. .....we had 2 lost but got one back the next day. His two youngest dogs and they got on a deer and the shock collars didnt work for whatever reason. he has gps collars ordered now but hopefully this one will turn up....

NCGranville

Button Buck
Mack, I saw a couple beagles dead on highway 85 just south of Falls Lake near Red Mill road. That would be 7 or 8 miles from the impoundment and across a couple rivers. I will keep my eyes open as I am through that area on a daily basis. Best of luck and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Mack, I saw a couple beagles dead on highway 85 just south of Falls Lake near Red Mill road. That would be 7 or 8 miles from the impoundment and across a couple rivers. I will keep my eyes open as I am through that area on a daily basis. Best of luck and I have my fingers crossed for you.

We got 1 back so only missing 1...can you ck collar on dead one??? Number on collar is 336-675-5285 or if you can't please pin point the location for me and I will ride up there and look tonight .tks

Last edited:

NCGranville

Button Buck
Hey mack, the dog was not there when I went by this afternoon. I did check the other dog and it didn't have a collar. I apologize for not checking sooner...I hope it was not your dog.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Hey mack, the dog was not there when I went by this afternoon. I did check the other dog and it didn't have a collar. I apologize for not checking sooner...I hope it was not your dog.

Probably not mine that far but you never know. Thanks for checking. Mack

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
*************UPDATE ON DOG***********

We had a bad week. The owner of the dog who is my best friend lost his mom to a 5 month battle with cancer on the 13th. A sad and wonderful day as we celebrated her 80 years on this earth,. We had her funeral and burial today but right before the funeral we got a call on a sighting of our dog. the dog has been seen right at the lake Michie dam. There is a caretakers house right at the dam which is way past the locked gate. So, after the funeral and spending time with family we rode up there and we were let in behind the gate and looked. We did not find her but she has come up to the care takers house several times over the last 3 days. so, if you see her on lake Michie dam rd or vicinity please post. she may not come to strangers and she goes by Rosy.

Tks Mack

Last edited:

BigBow

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am certainly not an expert on dogs, but if your buddy's Beagle has a bed that it sleeps in you could try leaving it there and the dog just might stick around. Leave it some food and maybe an article of your friends clothing there too. Beagles are all about their nose and it might just need something it is familiar with to make it stick around. Hope your friend gets it back. Good luck!

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I am certainly not an expert on dogs, but if your buddy's Beagle has a bed that it sleeps in you could try leaving it there and the dog just might stick around. Leave it some food and maybe an article of your friends clothing there too. Beagles are all about their nose and it might just need something it is familiar with to make it stick around. Hope your friend gets it back. Good luck!

I have seen guys I hunted with years ago leave a hunting jacket and sooner or later the hound would usually be right there.