Complete info on Hyde County alleged waterfowl assault

Today, April 4, is his next court date. Anybody with computer savvy want to post at the end of the day what happened?
I expect another continuance unless he has happened to luck up and get the judge he wants today.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The new court date, if it is continued, is all you will find online. As posted in another thread, to find an outcome you have to go to the courthouse in the county of trial and use one of the public access court computers.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Anyone heard any outcome on this from today?? I will ask my buddy down in Tyrrell to see if he knows anything.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
This is America. You can murder as long as you have enough money. Doesn’t matter if you are the meat head son of a rich fellow or Hillary Clinton money buys your way out of anything. There is only one judge that can’t be bought and his sentence is the harshest of all.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Eventually punk-boy is going to get a real gag if he keeps pulling that kind of :donk:donk:donk:donk.

If he’s got one ounce of common sense/understanding, he now might realize he can’t harass/threaten others w/o consequences. But if he’s just plain crazy or believes no one can possibly whip his azz, his time will come sooner than he thinks.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I just heard it had all been resolved. Out of court. With a gag order. Guess time will tell.

How does a criminal case get "resolved"? Does that mean the plaintiff dropped the charges? A judge dismissed the charges? I can't see either of those happening.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Eventually punk-boy is going to get a real gag if he keeps pulling that kind of :donk:donk:donk:donk.

Since nothing ever happens to him he'll keep going until something changes his mind. One day he'll pick the wrong person and become a floating body found in local lake....

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
If that's true then you can see how he acts this way. Daddy always makes everything OK. When I was growing up, I would have rather stayed in jail than call me Dad to get me out.....and he sure as hell would have let me take my medicine.

Any idea if he got another continuance today? I know the big deer poaching cases in Guilford and Person counties have gotten their third continuances.

ThrillofDaChase

Ten Pointer
Can't tell by that website who is continuing it. Could be the Defendant or the DA. First date is generally a wash as it is typically more so an admin date. Then from there continuances can be had on both sides for a multitude of reasons. The particular county will generally have a rule speaking to how many each side usually can get. This can differ based upon the judge on the bench. Felonies are also a lot different from your misdemeanors from a procedural standpoint and drag on longer.

Last edited:
Something went down in Hyde County last Wednesday. No continuance this time. I hear some of the charges were combined for judgement. Will advise when I hear further.

I'd call it a slap on the wrist, based on the fact that he got both of the felonies dismissed by pleading to all the misdemeanors. I'm sure Daddy wrote the check without breathing hard. Wonder if he can go to the Eastern Shore and guide when his NC hunting privileges have been pulled. I heard the judge told him he was lucky he didn't get shot.

http://www.carolinasportsman.com/details.php?id=15159

Wanchese

Twelve Pointer
That mental evaluation is going to take a team of shrinks and a lot of time if they want to figure out what goes on in his head.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Definitely a slap on the wrist IMO. My guess is it won’t be much of a hindrance, nor will it stop him from boat riding during duck season. Hopefully he won’t hurt anyone in Maryland.