Southern states sol u lime

remingtonman

Four Pointer
Has anyone used this? It’s supposed to require less amount and work faster to raise soil pH faster than pelleted lime?

I’m always skeptical of faster and better

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It works well if you're in a hurry, but averages out a whole lot more $$ than plain ol dolomite.

slickhead

Spike
I researched it last year when they tried to steer me that direction. From what I remember reading from the research, was that it did drop the pH very quickly, however it was not very long lasting. It also took a significant amount per 1000 square foot to achieve the drop in pH (therefore more $$$). It was also hard finding research that was not tried directly to the product manufacturer. Anybody can produce research to promote a product, but few can claim the same results through independent research.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I've used it with some success in a small 1/3 acre woods plot...mainly when reseeding it each year

Always get a great Stand of clover now in spring and fall... also grow oats, wheat and winter rye.

The main advantage was toting only a few bags here and there that packed a quick ph punch rather than hauling in lots of dolomite

Taproot

Solu-lime is higher priced than pelletized or powdered lime. And it leaches out of the soil faster than pelletized lime.