Some Amateur Squirrel Hunting Video

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
Sometimes it's tough filming solo, but you did a good job. Hard to beat the ole CZ452 for downing some squacks. Looks like you've got a healthy crop. Good shooting.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good shooting. I always say I'm gonna come back and thin out the corn thieves, but I never do. When I do end up squirrel hunting it's sneaking out for an hour or so around the house.

jgav

Four Pointer
I tried and sat in the stand the other day where ive seen squirrels all deer season. not a one. quitely walked through the woods and sat down for about 20 minutes every 200 yards or so. no action.

Any tips or pointers for a rookie squirrel hunter?

highclimber

Old Mossy Horns
I tried and sat in the stand the other day where ive seen squirrels all deer season. not a one. quitely walked through the woods and sat down for about 20 minutes every 200 yards or so. no action.

Honestly, I act like I'm Deer Hunting. I sit in my Deer hunting spots (Elevated) Natebonebusta, is the man to talk to, as far as walking/stalking.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

If you don't find a food source find a den tree, one obviously full of holes. Park your butt at a comfortable distance within good shooting range preferably with a tree for a prop. Something should show within 30 mins or so.

Natebonebusta

Eight Pointer
If you don't find a food source find a den tree, one obviously full of holes. Park your butt at a comfortable distance within good shooting range preferably with a tree for a prop. Something should show within 30 mins or so.

That’s solid advice for late season squirrels. We had a den tree produce six this past weekend. I also like to move slow and work field edges and ridge lines. This Saturday it’s gonna be a warm afternoon, likely to be some good movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
We like to work den trees as a combo. One guy moves with bright orange and shotgun, other sits still and camouflage up with rifle and scope. Guy on move lots of times will push squirrel around tree. Camo guy will see and shoot if he does not kill, shotgunner gets in on the kill.