2018 Shed hunting thread

Packfan

Eight Pointer
Anson County. Eyes confirm trail cam pics.

Watched a group of 3 decent bucks are harassing a group of 5 does last night on the way to town. All 3 bucks still holding both sides.

Sitting in the truck right now looking down a gas line right of way listening for turkeys and see a doe cross about 250 yards away. Look through the binos and her hocks are black. Look back up and a 6 point is in love and is trailing her. His hocks are black and he is still toting both sides as well.

Stix11

Spike
I've hunted multiple hours on our Rockingham county farm the past few weeks. Took my wife with me yesterday and she not only found one in about 15 mins, but the match about 100 yards away. Pretty cool set of a decent 8 that broke a tine early December

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
A day late to find this leprechaun of a rack. Maybe it was the luck of the irish.
I finally felt better than death warmed over today and decided to wear out some boot leather. So far no turkey sign, bu I was blessed with this trophy.
a7cafad5994f5d4cca495c0d5b5e84b6.jpg

Last edited:

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Neighbor found a nice set last weekend. Heading out Saturday to scout and hopefully come across a couple. Southern Alamance.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I've spent less time in the woods than I'd like in 2018, but I haven't found the first shed. Hoping to change that this weekend.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I have walked miles on our farm and came up empty. I know of 8 bucks that had decent racks that started dropping a month ago but have yet to find anything. Usually find a couple turkey hunting though.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Found this one yesterday in the rain. That’s not the way I like to find them though.

7c027564509a01cf5be4c8fa3d3b82cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Just got back in from walking creek bottom, logging roads through pines and open woods for about an hour. Found nothing. But wait.......... never saw a buck last year so maybe I need to look someplace else.

southerngunbelle

Six Pointer
My Hubs found one while mowing, other than being dyed green b/c of the grass it looks awesome!!
We let our pup sniff it, hopefully can learn to be a shed hunting dog ;) :)

hayco10

Eight Pointer
Nice rack, but too bad he won’t be available this fall...

Attachments

• 7C70532E-B7E5-4E60-9A50-DBE3411B1A6A.jpeg
    7C70532E-B7E5-4E60-9A50-DBE3411B1A6A.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 43

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I found this shed last Sunday while Turkey hunting near my place here in Harnett. Should be a nice un to hunt this fall even if I get skunked in Turkey season.
You may have to click on link.
Wife wanted to use it for a centerpiece for her table ?

Attachments

• 20180501_211353.jpg
    20180501_211353.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited: