Pheasant Hunt

Sorry I must have deleted the story. This is on a planted semi-wild preserve that my Father-in-Law owns up in Mt. Holly NJ. The Gov releases pheasants annually and they roam wild. Father-in-law also buys chuckers and additional pheasants to release as well. His population stays pretty healthy. He also has to plant certain upland and wetland vegetation that the Gov mandates as well. Never shot a pheasant until I went to NJ lol pretty wild.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry I must have deleted the story. This is on a planted semi-wild preserve that my Father-in-Law owns up in Mt. Holly NJ. The Gov releases pheasants annually and they roam wild. Father-in-law also buys chuckers and additional pheasants to release as well. His population stays pretty healthy. He also has to plant certain upland and wetland vegetation that the Gov mandates as well. Never shot a pheasant until I went to NJ lol pretty wild.

I sold two boykin puppies to two families in NJ. One was in the southern part of the state and the other almost in Manhattan. They use there’s for pheasant and quail hunting. The way the guy described the pheasant stocking to me, it almost sounds like guys waiting on the trout truck to stock the rivers around here. He said they get slaughtered the first couple days, but the ones that survive the first 3-4 days are extremely difficult to hunt.
The other couple in southern NJ are members of a huge club/hunting preserve around Tuckerton and what you described with your father in law is almost word for word how the guy described the preserves to me as well.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like some great shooting. I haven't shot pheasants since I was stationed at Ft Lewis, WA back in 84-85. We would drive out to the Yakima Training Area and have a field day. We would get several shooters on line and just walk the brush fields to flush the birds. We always had a blast with wild pheasant all over the place.

Last edited: