Last duck trip....heading to Halifax

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thinking of burning a couple days vacation and rolling down to the club for the last few days of the season.....doesn’t look like my sons can go....at least not until Saturday. I hate hunting alone..best friend passed in December so I am a little lost when my boys don’t go..I might consider taking a couple folks in for the hunt if anyone is interested.

I am leaving Wednesday from Chatham county returning Saturday around lunch.....shoot me a PM if interested....not guaranteeing anyone anything....but I enjoy sharing the place with some folks when I get the chance......I still need to check on a couple of members to make sure they are not bringing anyone....if they are coming at all.....

House is nice, plenty of beaver ponds on the creeks, and a couple of ponds too. Easiest duck hunt you will ever go on.....leave 30 min before LST......walk 200 yards from truck and hunt....got plenty of squirrel hunting woods to kill time in, or crows ......

haywoodhunter

Eight Pointer
Wish I was closer I may try to take you up on it. I’ve loved it the few times I got to go but there’s just not a whole ton of opportunities around here lol

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Dang- thought someone would like a basically free trip..... maybe someone will speak up.... it will not stop me! It was kind of last minute......

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Wish I was closer I may try to take you up on it. I’ve loved it the few times I got to go but there’s just not a whole ton of opportunities around here lol

You would love it .... pretty long ride for you! I understand

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I’d love to go, but we are heading down to Swan Quarter Thursday evening after my son gets out of Pumps class.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I’d love to go, but we are heading down to Swan Quarter Thursday evening after my son gets out of Pumps class.
10-4.....I assume you are talking fire pumps class....where is he a fireman? My son works for Carrboro fire.

Thomas270

Ten Pointer
Dang nice offer Scotty! I would love to take you up on your offer for a morning, just have too many irons in the fire this week. I guess I shouldn't have took some much time off earlier this month to hunt!

bowtoot

Ten Pointer
Contributor
10-4.....I assume you are talking fire pumps class....where is he a fireman? My son works for Carrboro fire.

He is. He is going in early to work for yours tomorrow. We would be heading down earlier if it weren’t for the mandatory classes.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I'm not about to buy a duck stamp at this point in the season, but if my work schedule works out, I'll try to swing by the clubhouse one afternoon.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He is. He is going in early to work for yours tomorrow. We would be heading down earlier if it weren’t for the mandatory classes.

Haha...good deal ......maybe we can hook up next season and all of us go

valetroutfisherman

Ten Pointer
Man what a great offer, short notice and missed 2 days due to snow and ice last week kills me.
Foothills hunts have been tough this season. Would have liked to go out with a bang up hunt. Son-in-law and I have had a lot of trouble with boat motor that has squashed some of our hunts when the birds were there. Maybe we can get together next season. There is alot to be said about the fellowship of duck hunters and the stories we have, even if the birds aren't flying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Man what a great offer, short notice and missed 2 days due to snow and ice last week kills me.
Foothills hunts have been tough this season. Would have liked to go out with a bang up hunt. Son-in-law and I have had a lot of trouble with boat motor that has squashed some of our hunts when the birds were there. Maybe we can get together next season. There is alot to be said about the fellowship of duck hunters and the stories we have, even if the birds aren't flying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
For sure.....I will try to give a little more notice next time!

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Halifax County is my neck of the woods. If I can get a handle on the amount of homework I have before the end of the week, I may be hitting a swamp around here for one last trip out. This working/family man/online student life keeps me busy. Shoot me a PM if you still have a need for someone to accompany you - best part of duck hunting is sharing the blind.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You are welcome to join us Country RN.....the world famous “Buckshooter” is going to join me for the trip up.....he has never been duck hunting so I plan to ruin him right off the bat! We will probably try to squirrel hunt some too.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Well we didnt kill any ducks...... saw some, missed some...but nothing spectacular

I had a great time getting to know Buckshooter better and showing him around our place. He is a great guy!

Also had CountryRN show up yesterday evening and then come back and hunt with us this morning.... another great member of this forum. Thanks guys ... enjoyed it

17293EBD-82D7-410D-B69F-8AE4CF74AE27.jpg

B303CBA9-BA1C-4DBC-897C-25003CC4418F.jpg

Caught her last night.... so we did kill something before we left!!!!

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
Good work there. I may have to get you go give me a few trapping lessons if it works that good. As mentioned, I have a few that need to be cleared out over in Northampton county.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I was trying my best to get over there. Ended up working late Thursday and Friday, then got invited on a rabbit hunt today with some guys I haven't seen in years. If you get some free time between now and turkey season lets take the caller out and try to kill some more of them yotes.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was trying my best to get over there. Ended up working late Thursday and Friday, then got invited on a rabbit hunt today with some guys I haven't seen in years. If you get some free time between now and turkey season lets take the caller out and try to kill some more of them yotes.

Unfortunately we have plenty and that sounds like a plan to me.....

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Good work there. I may have to get you go give me a few trapping lessons if it works that good. As mentioned, I have a few that need to be cleared out over in Northampton county.
This is my first year trapping, so not sure I can give lessons.... i set out 8 traps when I got there Wednesday with the regular trapping lure/bait...... went to Walmart to get me secret lure on Thursday......chicken blood catfish chunks.... put those in my bait holes and finally caught that one Friday night..... Im not sure what is a good catch ratio.... but thats 2 I have caught in a total of 8 days with 8 traps set this year

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
wish I'd have seen this offer.........

Anyway, Scotty, if you want to up your "catch:trap day ratio" attend one OR MORE, of the FREE Trappers Ed classes mentioned in the Trapping Forum......one was in Bear Creek last year...and another in Lexington.

The upcoming 1 is near Raleigh.

Game On

Four Pointer
Sure hate I missed this offer. I enjoy duck hunting and love to squirrel hunt. Have a couple pretty fair tree dogs to help out. If you find yourself back before the end of Feb. and are interested in treeing a few squirrels shoot me a message. I am in Edgecombe.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
wish I'd have seen this offer.........

Anyway, Scotty, if you want to up your "catch:trap day ratio" attend one OR MORE, of the FREE Trappers Ed classes mentioned in the Trapping Forum......one was in Bear Creek last year...and another in Lexington.

The upcoming 1 is near Raleigh.
10-4 one of those classes are on my to do list for sure

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sure hate I missed this offer. I enjoy duck hunting and love to squirrel hunt. Have a couple pretty fair tree dogs to help out. If you find yourself back before the end of Feb. and are interested in treeing a few squirrels shoot me a message. I am in Edgecombe.
I may hit you up soon.....