Osprey Global Optics

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone ever heard of them , or ever owned one of their scopes. I was at the gun show in Winston earlier and stopped by the table looking.

Didn't make a purchase but was curious since I'd never heard of the company or the brand.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
From what I have seen they are a company to be avoided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Run.... got a freebie on a rifle I traded for, it was junk. Even used the warranty to get a new one, and both replacements where junk as well. Glass itself wasn't bad but the internals are piss poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sp8

Ten Pointer
I don't know if it is the same company or not but I had an Osprey International scope on a 300 RUM it was a 10-40x50. It was a pretty decent scope and held good zero on that rifle. This is just IMO and that was the only one I ever had.

ridenismo

Six Pointer
Have had two. A 4-16x50 that held zero and had decent glass BUT the turrent "tracking" was so inconsistent. If you were good at holdover it was a good shooting rifle scope combo out to 500 yards, sub MOA. If you tried making your adjustment on the turrents, your guess is as good as mine where it ended up but was at least consistent.

The other, a 6-24x50 was garbage. Glass was hard to get a clear FOV, parallax adjustment was no help and on a 308 AR10 would hold zero for a couple shots then slowly start wandering off in a random direction. A 20 round mag would result in a 10 inch long trail away from the bull at 150 yards.

They were the first two scopes i owned with more magnification past a 3-9x40. Since I've started favoring Leupold's and cant say a bad thing about the 4-12x50 I'm currently running.