Small/micro red dot sights

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am looking for a sight to put on a ruger mark iv lite. So far i am looking at the burris and a couple vortex sights.

The kind i am looking for is a “doctor” style. Similar to the burris fast fire.

Anyone have any recommendations? Bushnell seems to have a good one for a few dollars less. Also looks like redfield had one that was working ok.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Love to hear other options. This would be mainly a range gun. I wouldnt hesitate to shoot a squirrel or something. I want the best quality for the price. I wont need the absolute best features, but i want to get the best for what i pay. The leupolds, trijicons, and doctors are out. I just cant fork out $500 for something i wont use for competition or defense. I am thinking the $200 -$250 range may be where i have to end up.

Anyone have experience with the bushnell. Has pretty good reviews and $70-$100 cheaper. I think i would go with the leupold if i was a lottery winner. I like the idea of movement triggering the sight on.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The bushnell is a nice sight for what it cost. A buddy has been running one on his 870 turkey gun for 3 years and its doing fine so far. I am running a vortex venom and prefer it for the sight picture.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Running a FF3 on my AR. No complaints so far. Small and tough, especially with the containment mount that Burris makes. Also have a Vortex Sparc II, more bells and whistles but it's a bigger sight.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
I will say... you're gonna like the venom/fastfire better a pistol... least I do...

Getting it as low as possible to the bore makes pointing and shooting a lot more natural...

I tried shooting a buddy's pistol with a SPARC and it was way too high to fee like normal shooting...

With the Venom mounted on my 44, I can point naturally and the dot comes up just right.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
For a 22 pistol, the burris FF is going to be a good bet, as would the equivalent vortex model.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Vortex Venom on a Ruger 45/22 Lite. Just a ton of fun and great aiming system to put rounds on target quickly.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
On the vortex....how are you guys mounting? Does it come with a mount? The gun has a factory rail. A picayinny i think. Looks like the too of an ar15 a3/a4

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
On the vortex....how are you guys mounting? Does it come with a mount? The gun has a factory rail. A picayinny i think. Looks like the too of an ar15 a3/a4

Mine came with a picatinny base and a high rise base for 1/3 cowitness on AR.

Had to buy a base from JP enterprises for my 44 that attaches to the rear sight base