Looking for some land clearing (Candor, NC) County Line Road

tomtom

Spike
I've decided I want to clear some land this spring to setup a food plot. I own 50 acres on County Line Road in Candor, NC very close to Graham Road entrance.

What I'm looking to do is get someone to clear a trail and clear out about 1/2 to 3/4 of acre of pines for me. The pines are young, probably 30-50 feet max.

Since I want to setup a food plot, i would need stomps removed and ground cleared and leveled.

I am unsure of the cost so I'd like to get some ideas on how much you would charge me. Message me if your interested in such a job and possible give me a rough cost estimate..
I think about 200 yard trail and then the open field

Thanks
Tom

stilker

Old Mossy Horns
I've got a friend down that way,Dan's backhoe and loader,give him a call..(910)-572-2286. He's a deer hunter so he would have an idea of what you want.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Be sure to ask around who is a good grading contractor. Don't go with the cheapest. A good one can save you money. I went thru 3 before finding one that was any good in Harnett county . In Rockingham county.... I went with the one of the most expensive grading contractors that I knew that was really good instead of trying to find a good cheap one.

Last edited:

Cootmeurer

Eight Pointer
Instead of a backhoe/grader - look around for a guy with a Skidsteer and a FeCon (basically a giant grinder mounted on front).

We used a guy from Garner, and he charged a minimum $1100 for first 4 hours, and $175 an hour after that. He cleared 4 acres of fertile pasture that was overgrown in pines (1-2" pines, every 6 inches) in about 5 hours. Once he was done I burned the big mulch piles and then ran a disk through to incorporate all the mulch. I seeded everything, but in areas of thick mulch there is too much decomposition going on and tying up nitrogen to allow any growth in the first year. A fecon can take out trees up to 6" (or fence posts you don't know are there).