Midwest Turkey Call Supply catalog

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
It's here! 86 pages of all things turkey.

and naturally david halloran has some new calls that i dont need. but want to buy. Green slate anyone? :)

and i would like to know if any of you have a Daryal Gosey long distance crow call. i like the looks of it.

Midwest remains the only catalog company dedicated to turkey hunting.

1 800 541 1638 for your copy.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
i think davids best pot call is the cacklin crystal, both old and new versions are good, buy the green slate and give us a sound file, i would like to run one of those pistol creek calls

hoyt85

Six Pointer
My favorite magazine. Green slate caught my eye as well. The crystal mistress and metal mouth have been good to me over the years.

dhsten

Ten Pointer
Lonzo Trice has some calls in there this year! Dont think I remember seeing any of his in there before. Especially his acrylic aluminum pot.

Last edited:

gobbler

Eight Pointer
lon has had calls in there just not his acrylic, which is your favorite?

i had a black acrylic aluminum and wasnt a fan, but thats just me

Randy

Ten Pointer
The catalog's arrival always gets me thinking about spring. Glad to see Primos is still making two of my favorite mouth calls. Will probable order a couple. Also considering getting some of the Elimitick clothes.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i think davids best pot call is the cacklin crystal, both old and new versions are good, buy the green slate and give us a sound file, i would like to run one of those pistol creek calls

i think i might have david play it at the DDC then make up my mind. i have no clue though why i should get it.

I went thru all last year and purposelessly never pulled out a pot call. Just not my go to call.

i liked some calls in there by Close calls, brass over glass and that striker they make;the Phoenix, anyone got that striker?

the call is new.

as wishy washy as i am on calls the pot may make a comeback. LOL

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Got mine yesterday as well, spring must be close (at least that’s what I tell myself)

This cold and snow up here is whooping me this winter

gobbler

Eight Pointer
i think i might have david play it at the DDC then make up my mind. i have no clue though why i should get it.

I went thru all last year and purposelessly never pulled out a pot call. Just not my go to call.

i liked some calls in there by Close calls, brass over glass and that striker they make;the Phoenix, anyone got that striker?

the call is new.

there is really only one way to find out if you like it or not

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns

the call is new.

Interesting. What is your go to call? Mine has always been a pot call.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Interesting. What is your go to call? Mine has always been a pot call.

box, cane, mouth call depending on if i think i can get by with hand movement. i like the cane and the mouth call most because they can be used regardless of weather. I dont want my box call getting wet so it stays at the truck if it is wet.

locate with box or cane use mouth call when they get close.

i replaced the pot with the cane last year in my rotation.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
you like the cane better than a wingbone or trumpet or is that just what u have?

hand movement is an interesting and often said comment, but if u set to where when u see him he is in range then u shouldnt have to worry with that

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
you like the cane better than a wingbone or trumpet or is that just what u have?

hand movement is an interesting and often said comment, but if u set to where when u see him he is in range then u shouldnt have to worry with that

i just like the cane better.

good point on the set up, i never get busted that way so i should not worry about hand movement but i do.

some folks are afraid to call, i am afraid of being seen i guess. :)

gobbler

Eight Pointer
does it sound better or easier to run?

if your on the fence about a pot call, next time you come by tillery let me know, i got a vast selection u can try out and see what u like for yourself, bring that cane though id like to hear it

gobbler

Eight Pointer
also with my gun rested on my upraised knees it kinda creates something to hide my hand movements with just in case an old sneaky bird walks up while im looking down at my call, sanding, chalking or switching

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
does it sound better or easier to run?

if your on the fence about a pot call, next time you come by tillery let me know, i got a vast selection u can try out and see what u like for yourself, bring that cane though id like to hear it

thanks for that offer gobbler. you can likely hear a sound file from the cane i like. mark sharpe made it. and his sound would reveal the true potential of the call. I would not do it justice. :)

i found this, it's not mark but it is his caller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwAWV7GKeXI

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Mark makes a great call and he's an even better guy. I have 2 of his cane calls and 1 of his wing bone calls. I'm happy to call him a friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

81toyota

Twelve Pointer
Just called them and got my catalog on order will be here in 5-10 days.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
So am i the last hunter around that has not gotten themselves a Hank's Call. In looking at the catalog they have won every award there is for pot calls.

Looked them up on the web and called them and they are from Redisville. Anyone running their calls?

FWIW the owner Mr. hanks suggested an osage glass or slate as good examples of his calls. I am open to further suggestions?

Ruffin4eva

Ten Pointer
So am i the last hunter around that has not gotten themselves a Hank's Call. In looking at the catalog they have won every award there is for pot calls.

Looked them up on the web and called them and they are from Redisville. Anyone running their calls?

FWIW the owner Mr. hanks suggested an osage glass or slate as good examples of his calls. I am open to further suggestions?
I do. He's a good friend of mine. You should give him a try. He makes quality stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I do. He's a good friend of mine. You should give him a try. He makes quality stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That is very obvious based on the number of awards his calls have won.

He said he made more money if i buy direct versus midwest so i want to see him at the DDC and go from there.

Thanks you for the feedback.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
ill throw in lyle gilbert of houndstooth calls, as a maker yall ought to check out makes the very best ceramic ive ever run

KTMan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor

I run a Crystal mistress most of the time as my go to pot call, but added a Hank's aluminum call last year and was really satisfied with the results.

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
Just ordered a purpleheart super yelper scratchbox, that will bring my collection of scratchers up to about 20....love 'em....

gobbler

Eight Pointer
if you dont have a cedar from L and L your missin out, also a mahagony from tom crook of mississippi scratch boxes

Ol Copper

Twelve Pointer
if you dont have a cedar from L and L your missin out, also a mahagony from tom crook of mississippi scratch boxes

Got an L n L and it is a good one.
I do have a couple from Tom and I almost started to order another when midwest sent me an email featuring his newest one last week.
Mike Crooks in Michigan makes a good one too.
Waiting on a new one from S and S as we speak...I have an addiction to scratchers and trumpets.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Got an L n L and it is a good one.
I do have a couple from Tom and I almost started to order another when midwest sent me an email featuring his newest one last week.
Mike Crooks in Michigan makes a good one too.
Waiting on a new one from S and S as we speak...I have an addiction to scratchers and trumpets.

which/whose trumpets do you like?