Millennial Job Interview

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
That video is a bunch of BS. I work my butt off to make a living.... I know plenty of people from the previous Gen who aren’t worth a damn as employees.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah X or Y whatever you want to call it.

You are still correct though. Way too many kids of my (X) generation were raised by their grandparents because their parents made and continue to make poor life choices.

<>< Fish

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You are still correct though. Way too many kids of my (X) generation were raised by their grandparents because their parents made and continue to make poor life choices.

<>< Fish

I pegged that wrong (your age range)

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think that's me. Both parents were baby boomers. But my generation's kids are just now getting solid into college far as I can tell.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
It's not the generation.

It's the sorry-:donk:donk:donk way some people behave, for whatever "reason".

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Millennials are the first generation to see both parents in the workforce. They have spent plenty of time being babysat by TV screens. Also, the parents for this generation worked more and had less leisure time. They saw parents and other people get laid off after years of loyal service to a company. Generally, they are not trusting and will not see any real benefit to being loyal to a company or even people.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Technically my wife and I are boomers

Getting old I guess

Edit Reply Report Post
NCST8GUY 08:17 PM Yesterday
I think that's me. Both parents were baby boomers. But my generation's kids are just now getting solid into college far as I can tell.

So are you saying your NCstate's daddy? ;) :D

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Millennials are the first generation to see both parents in the workforce. They have spent plenty of time being babysat by TV screens. Also, the parents for this generation worked more and had less leisure time. They saw parents and other people get laid off after years of loyal service to a company. Generally, they are not trusting and will not see any real benefit to being loyal to a company or even people.

I'll have to differ with you on at least part of that. I'm a boomer and both of my parent worked all day and then into the night from as early as I can remember till I was in my 40s. And most all of my classmates through high school were in the same situation. No one knew what "leisure" time was as far as my parent's generation where I was raised. Some of the rest of it may be true about the millennials but it will be up to them to work it out for themselves. Their world is different from what mine was and I feel sorry for them for that.

clrj3514

Eight Pointer
I still find it hilarious that the generation that raised the millennials is the one that complains about them the most.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^ I'll admit I"m a little slow in my old age but could you please clarify which generation you are referring to.

By Michael T. Robinson Founder and Career Coach CareerPlanner.com
Generation Name Births Start Births End
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979
Xennials - 1975 1985
Generation Y - The Millennials - Gen Next 1980 1994

I'm just trying to keep up with the discussion.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Nope

He's to cool ray to be kin to me

As awesome as I consider Woomoose, My fathter is and will always be man I try to live up to. He was definitely a baby boomer! His father was in WWII and thought KIA for 8 months, while my uncle was born. He and my mom were from the same small town, got married, yadayada, and in the mid 70's, they had us kids.

Technically, I feel LTS's calendar is rather correct. I got married kind of late in life (almost 30), so if I had kids, they'd be in HS, but if the usual 20-22 year generation gap flows, I reckon it's those who got started early/right on time that created millennials?

I also realize my parents were divorced. Both sides of the grand parents still alive were shocked to hear this as an option. And now, somehow in only a few maybe 3/4 generations we've gone from a rare divorce, to almost half, to I now know of in this day and age of several good couples raising kids together, whom aren't even married. I make no judgement, I just notice this.

Last edited:

davidson county

Eight Pointer
By Michael T. Robinson Founder and Career Coach CareerPlanner.com
Generation Name Births Start Births End
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979
Xennials - 1975 1985
Generation Y - The Millennials - Gen Next 1980 1994

at least I now know where I fall. .........Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^ That isn't a definitive listing, just as according to that Michael T. Robinson guy. Look around and you will find a number of different ideas, mostly the same but varying by a few years.