Insane Public Water Duck Hunting Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeskinner

Twelve Pointer
Yup that’s him. I recognize him from working at one of the clubs here in Greenville. Profile pic was just updated.. wonder if he’s still hunting.

When I went to his profile page it showed that we have a mutual friend. She works at the school I work at.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Did someone mention that the "victims" were wildlife commissioners? If so, which one's? Depending on who they were maybe we can start a defense fund for the guy. :p

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
Did someone mention that the "victims" were wildlife commissioners? If so, which one's? Depending on who they were maybe we can start a defense fund for the guy. :p

I know (hope) you are kidding. This moron deserves everything he's got coming to him, and then some. There was only 1 commissioner involved. I'll not name names but I'm sure if you know anyone in Wildlife, you can find out with a phone call or text. Guy picked on the wrong people, no doubt. He's fried.

Should only take a couple of days before the media gets this out. And if this is a wildlife commissioner who got beat up, and from all indications it was, this guy is toast, toast, toast. He's looking at major, serve-a-lot-of time felonies, and daddy isn't going to buy him out of them. The wildlife commissioner was appointed either by Gov. Cooper, Speaker of the House Moore or President of the Senate Berger, and often, they serve one term after being appointed by one guy and get reappointed by another. So you're looking at the three most powerful politicians in the state, and one or more of them is going to be making a phone call to somebody in the applicable court system to mention that this guy better wind up so far under the jail that they've got to pump sunshine to him.

Last edited:

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Should only take a couple of days before the media gets this out. And if this is a wildlife commissioner who got beat up, and from all indications it was, this guy is toast, toast, toast. He's looking at major, serve-a-lot-of time felonies, and daddy isn't going to buy him out of them. The wildlife commissioner was appointed either by Gov. Cooper, Speaker of the House Moore or President of the Senate Berger, and often, they serve one term after being appointed by one guy and get reappointed by another. So you're looking at the three most powerful politicians in the state, and one or more of them is going to be making a phone call to somebody in the applicable court system to mention that this guy better wind up so far under the jail that they've got to pump sunshine to him.
A Jewish lawyer friend of mine once said, in reference to a similar situation; "There's no Jewish lawyer Jewy enough to save his :donk:donk:donk!"

stanley

Four Pointer
I still can"t believe this has not been covered by the news media when a North Carolina Wildlife Commissioner gets assaulted on public waters.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns

Like I said earlier. He picked the wrong “people” to mess with. Both of the guys in that boat are very well connected in politics. A bad combination to cross up, especially when you are on the wrong side of the law.

Definitely a wildlife commissioner in the boat, and somebody else extremely well-connected in Raleigh. Court date is 1/31. Apparently, the defendant was back guiding goose hunters today, according to photo posted on social media. I can't believe it, but the photo had a sign in the background that made it look like it was on eastern shore of maryland. To me, would be highly unlikely that the guy, out on bond after arrest, could be out of state.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Yep, and probably 2 or 3 times...

Not so sure, below just poated on WRAL web site:

SWAN QUARTER, N.C. — Authorities say a man assaulted a cousin of Gov. Roy Cooper and a North Carolina wildlife official, ranted at them with slurs and threats and accused them of hunting in his duck blind.

The Hyde County Sheriff's Office said 29-year-old Jarrod Thomas Umphlett faces multiple charges, including assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.

An incident report says Umphlett's boat rammed a boat carrying John Clark Purvis Sr. and Wildlife Resources Commission member Richard Edwards on Dec. 16. The report says Umphlett boarded the boat, hit Purvis in the head and yelled racial slurs. All three men are white. The report says Umphlett threatened to "crush your skull in this lake." It said Purvis was bruised but not seriously injured.

It's not known if Umphlett has an attorney.

___

This story has been corrected to show Purvis was hit instead of Edwards.

ADVERTISING

Triggernosis

Ten Pointer
He's lucky they didn't leave his :donk:donk:donk floating face-down with blood trickling from a gaping chest wound.
I'm pretty certain I would NOT have let him board my boat, whatever it took to keep him from doing so.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
So “Rich Pretty White Boys” is a racial slur? Lol... SMDH.
Actually it is, but usually it is considered more inflammatory when it comes from someone of the opposite race. You don't have to be of the opposite race to use racial slurs.

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
Guys lucky he’s still sucking air. Could’ve gone very differently for that knucklehead

His life will be changed forever. Luckily for him, those guys have some brains and cooler heads prevailed. No duck hunting spot is worth killing a guy over, even if he is an idiot.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
His life will be changed forever. Luckily for him, those guys have some brains and cooler heads prevailed. No duck hunting spot is worth killing a guy over, even if he is an idiot.
Nothing hunting related is worth killing someone over, yet you see more people being badly hurt and even killed every year over different kind of disputes. Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.