Insane Public Water Duck Hunting Assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
In Hyde County recently a young person from Manns Harbor was arrested for assaulteding two people for hunting in the same lake as him. Allegedly the event occurred on a lake connected to Alligator River. Both parties were hunting the same lake.

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...lett,j&start=0&navindex=0&submit=Submit+Query

He received two felony counts of assault among other things. If his daddy cannot get him off and if he is convicted he will have a terrible record going forward.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
Interesting, I'm looking forward to hearing the comments on this. Unbelievable what people will do for a duck and on public water at that

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Thats insane. He just put in an impoundment near my place. Will have to see how that plays out. What an idiot

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In Florida there is usually one or two shoot-outs a year over lobster mini season spots.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is insane. Even if I was 100% in the right, there is not an animal on this planet worth felonies and jail time. In fact I can count on 1 hand the things I would risk death and prison time over, and none of them are ducks.

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
This is insane. Even if I was 100% in the right, there is not an animal on this planet worth felonies and jail time. In fact I can count on 1 hand the things I would risk death and prison time over, and none of them are ducks.

That would make you a "normal" person. Not sure what was going through his head. Going to be difficult to hunt as a convicted felon.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
He is one seriously unhappy soul. I love duck hunting but come on....some people lose all sense of perspective, becoming completely enveloped by their selfish, ego driven delusions. Living that way must be hell on earth.

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
If I understand correctly he better have real deep pockets, guess you never know who those other guys in camo are when they aren't hunting

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
So what is the story and how did it all.go down.....

Maybe when we duck hunt we need to gopro the hunt incase some fool goes on the attack....

Browning86

Six Pointer
You are correct. Will be hard to get out of this one.
Don’t take this the wrong way because it’s not directed at you but why is it because the persons that were assaulted having deep pockets even a factor? People get harassed every year whether it be on the duck desert piedmont lakes, Eastern NC, or even Arkansas on public land because they don’t live there. Fact is everyone has a right to be on public land and if you get beat to a spot or have someone set up on top of you it sucks...any knucklehead that thinks it’s ok to threaten or vandalize trucks, trailers, and so forth are low life’s. Just because your granddaddy grew up hunting a spot doesn’t mean it’s yours. I hope this knucklehead gets what’s coming to him regardless of the bank account of the people who were assaulted over some ducks

Browning86

Six Pointer
So what’s the deal then? The accused has deep pockets and shouldn’t be held
accountable? Can someone explain?

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Your line of questioing has changed, and therefore is confusing to me. The assailant needs deep pockets. He is facing prison time. It is his constitutional right to have a free defense. Anyone that has a choice will not choose this option. What is the most valuable thing on this Earth? It's time. Do you want the government to choose your defense, or do you want to hire a big shot lawyer that has connections and has a better shot of keeping you from being someone's ***** for 3-4 years? Of course anyone THAT CAN will fork out lots of money to avoid this. The assailant is up against the federal government, which is representing the victims. They do not need deep pockets b/c the crime has gone to the highest level. Daddy can't pay off the victims either b/c now it's rage man against uncle sam. The federal prosecutor makes the call now.

Last edited:

Woods and water

Ten Pointer
At this point the assaulted doesn't need deep pockets, they just need the money to drive to the court house to testify. The guy's in camouflage just happened to be brave enough to report the assailant who obviously thinks he owns the usfws land. I'm willing to bet that this is not the first time the assailant has harassed other hunters. He just happened to meet his match this time.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Your line of questioing has changed, and therefore is confusing to me. The assailant needs deep pockets. He is facing prison time. It is his constitutional right to have a free defense. Anyone that has a choice will not choose this option. What is the most valuable thing on this Earth? It's time. Do you want the government to choose your defense, or do you want to hire a big shot lawyer that has connections and has a better shot of keeping you from being someone's ***** for 3-4 years? Of course anyone THAT CAN will fork out lots of money to avoid this. The assailant is up against the federal government, which is representing the victims. They do not need deep pockets b/c the crime has gone to the highest level. Daddy can't pay off the victims either b/c now it's rage man against uncle sam. The federal prosecutor makes the call now.

Hi Greenhorn, I am trying to learn on this one, why are federal prosecutors involved in this one?

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
Supposedly Daddy does have deep pockets for a good lawyer...

All over a few ducks...

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Rage man is fortunate he didn't run up on someone, say, like my brother - who usually has several concealed weapons on him and is a trained military professional.

Greenhorn

Six Pointer
Hi Greenhorn, I am trying to learn on this one, why are federal prosecutors involved in this one?

Hey Hyde! I'm no lawyer. I have a friend kind of going through something similar (long story - he was defending himself basically, other guy was an antagonizing drunk and fell down after my friend pushed him, got hurt).

I assumed, since rage man is being brought up on a federal charge, he will be tried in a federal court room. Not exactly sure how that works though. Thankfully, I don't have personal experience with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.