Scope ring opinions for stainless barrel

WNCTracker

Eight Pointer
This is my first SS rifle and I'm putting the parts together. Just out of curiosity do most people use silver mounts and rings to match the receiver with a black scope or just go all black? I know, I know, I know....won't change a thing regarding performance.... and to each their own, I'm just curious.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depends on the stock. All silver is sexy on pretty wood, IF the silvers match. All black looks better on black synthetic.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
All black.
most the rings other than Ruger do not match.
Scopes never have.a good.match.

Just use black or blue and match the scope with black or blued finish.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
As long as your rings and scope match it doesn't matter. Well, it doesn't matter if they don't match, just looks dumb lol!

I've got one blued/wood rifle (marlin 22wmr) that wears silver rings and a black scope. It won't win any beauty contests, but it's what I had at the time, and shoots to well to change.

Cootmeurer

Eight Pointer
DNZ makes a decent 1 piece mount/rings in matte silver. Put it on my stainless Tikka with a black stock and black VX-3 on top. Looks good - but more importantly, shoots better.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
I guess folks wouldn't like my messes - I never worry on them matching

What I was thinking Woodmoose, kinda like my turkey hunting clothes...every thing I got on don't match like pants, shirts, jackets,gloves but hunting by myself no one sees me and them dumb birds sure don't care.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
My preferred brand of picatiny rail and rings don’t come in silver, and I doubt I would use them if they came in silver finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apexhunter

Ten Pointer
Problem I've had trying to use stainless bases, rings and scope is they either don't match each other (unless using same brand scope & mounting hardware, which can be rare for me) or they don't come close to the finish of the stainless rifle. I've always deferred to black scope and hardware on stainless rifles as the optics setup matches or nicely contrasts the black or grey stock.