The Crud 2018

Muzzleodor

Eight Pointer
This might sound crazy but I have been doing this for several years now. I read it on a website years ago & was just able to find it again. I can’t link the site but here’s a copy & paste of the good stuff:

First. Get a thick peeled orange. Take a large peice of the peeling and have it standing by. Second. Get some tissue and blow your nose as hard as you can to clear the runniness and unclog your nose. Third. Wash your hands and face with an anti-bacterial soap. Dry your face and hands. Forth. Take the orange peel and fold it where the peel has the orange side out. Now squeeze it till a moisture is on your fingers and thumb. Fith. Snort at this moisture hard into the nostrils. Here is what just happened. Ascorbic acid kills the virus host on contact. Will kill the flu virus also. The flu virus acts the same way. It may take a couple times but it does work. Also. You have just taught your immune system how to kill the cold host if it enters the membrane again.

It burns a little but I really believe it knocks the healing time down quite a bit

Maybe this works for you, but it does not "kill the virus host on contact" or you would be dead, you are the host. Also, an orange peel can't "teach" your immune system anything. The flu virus is not just sitting in your nose on the surface of the mucous membranes. It is inside of your cells, typically targeting the lungs and mucous membranes. Between this thread and the vaccine thread I have been amazed at the amount of made up "science" that people believe is true.

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Not the stomach bug but bronchitis I cant shake. Went to the dr the day after Christmas told the PA I feel like I have Bronchitis she asked why and I told her I have it every year and this is what it feels like. She proceeded to say no bronchitis heres some cough syrup. Cough has been semi constant. Now I am on prednisone and a zpac this stuff is breaking up out of my chest and I feel like I am dying all over again.

Sounds like my story. I got this crap the week of thanksgiving. Worst cold i've had in years. Lost my voice sore throat for a week and headaches. I fought through it and never went to the doctor. After a week or 2 of chest congestion my ear started in with an infection. About that time the stomach bug made its appearance in the house hold as well. So I finally broke down and went to doctor and they got me on levaquin and cipradex for the ear ache and infection. Get a little better but not much and around xmas my ear gets infected again and the cough just WILL NOT go away. Well the other day I was right back down again with lost voice sore throat and coughing and the ear ache so a week ago I go to the doctor again and this time its zpak and 5 day round of prednisone. Won't be damned if I aint still coughing and I now have an ENT visit tomorrow for the ear infection.

What does it take to get rid of this crud?

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I fought thru the crud last January it was bad but it sounds to me the crud this year is even worse..I coughed a lot last year with the cold I had also, I finally beat it without seeing a Dr. after 3 weeks of fighting the mess..Saw on the mid day news that over 74,000 people have died of the flu, if they are correct with their figures I had no idea it was that bad this flu season..

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I write this with watery eyes, running nose and a headache. looks like it is my turn.
Dangitt....................................................

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I've been lucky so far, mainly because I have stayed at home. Today I had to go to town for gas and a few other things. I kept my distance from everyone, didn't touch anything I wasn't buying and did the self check-out. Once I got home I washed my face and hands really good. Hopefully I'll be OK, but I'm going squirrel hunting in just a few minutes just in case I get something and don't get out again till turkey season.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Well I've been under the weather since 21 Dec 17, right now just about anything sounds worth trying. I've already gone thru two rounds of different medicine progressing to the stronger stuff and am now on the third round. HOUSEBOUND for sure.

I haven't tried the orange peel tactic but i have eaten a 10 lbs bag of oranges and drank two gallons of orange juice since this crap invaded my body. Heck I'm about to the point of sniffing some of that "white powdery stuff" LOL. For many years I have drunk a pint of orange juice every morning and it seemed to have helped most years but a time or two it didn't. I'm beginning to wonder about the effects of the flu shot and that pneumonia shot since I took both of them well before the season started and well before I came down with both.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Got the flu mid last week... was feeling better after several days of Tamiflu. NOW it's turned into an infection

Worst I've been sick

robertc

Eight Pointer
I hate to add my two cents to this discussion, I'm on day 4 with this crap. Get well soon folks.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Seems a common theme is how hard it is to get rid of this crud this year. Sitting at the ENT right now trying get my ear right.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
NCNN reported this morning that 42 have died from the flu or it's complications this year in NC.

said drug stores running out of meds.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Have dodged getting anything so far this year, and I'm in and out of doctors offices and clinics all day long, ( knock on wood).

All the med offices I'm in daily are slammed right now with flu cases.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Well after sitting in the ENT for 2 hours due to them having no computers and doing everything by hand it turns out my ear was messed up. Basically because I had the crud for so long and my ear had so much fluid in it that it allowed a fungus to grow on my eardrum. Having a doctor scrape your eardrum is probably among one of the most painful things I have experienced. Hurt WAY more than i could have anticipated.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Spent some time at the VA Medical Center today and yep, I have type A flu. Hope it is over soon for me and for all of you who are ill as well.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Mine lasted 7 days. Day 1 was the worst with a fever. It started in my lungs and stayed in my lungs. My nose never clogged or ran but I done a lot of coughing.....still coughing. I'm on day 8 now and feel much better. My buddy who contracted it a day after me is following along in my foot steps. Wife and grandmother contracted it from me are coming behind...both of them had the flu shot and neither one of them ran a fever. Nasty stuff.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Mine lasted 7 days. Day 1 was the worst with a fever. It started in my lungs and stayed in my lungs. My nose never clogged or ran but I done a lot of coughing.....still coughing. I'm on day 8 now and feel much better. My buddy who contracted it a day after me is following along in my foot steps. Wife and grandmother contracted it from me are coming behind...both of them had the flu shot and neither one of them ran a fever. Nasty stuff.

Hit me hard today - don't know who wished it on me - temperature climbed to 102.4 about an hour ago and is now 100.8 thanks to Motrin and mucinex

Been coughing for two days, worst today

Missed the dang delta banquet too due to it

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Please cover your mouth while typing.....I don’t want it......hope you get better soon! Knocking on wood right now.....I haven’t had my flu shot this year......

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns
Wifey got it yesterday. She has what catfishrus described to a T. Been keeping her locked in a closet, well small room. I ask if she needs anything via text then leave it outside the door, knock and run for my life. I told her to count to 30 before she opened it. Spraying everything with Lysol. Washing my hands until I have no skin left and I'm sure I'll have it by Monday.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
My Dad's been making fun of me all week for wearing a mask into almost ever mass establishment we've visited. Hospitals, Lowes, home Depot, Target, Grocery stores. I mask up and have wipe the available cleaning gel all over my hands, and ANY cart I come in contact with! Separating sticks on the conveyor belt? I wipe down! Gas Pump? I wipe down. Elevator buttons? Elbow! Push to exit doors? I push at the very top!

Dad thinks it's funny. Say's I'll be the first one sick. But You watch!

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Diagnosed with flu Thursday evening. Tamiflu and cough syrup with codeine. In bad all day yesterday and looks like the same today. Feel horrible. Worse body aches and fever I have had in a long time. All because some jack :donk:donk:donk felt it was more important to come to work with the flu then to stay home. People like that are total idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bass-n-Deer-416

Four Pointer
Diagnosed with flu Thursday evening. Tamiflu and cough syrup with codeine. In bad all day yesterday and looks like the same today. Feel horrible. Worse body aches and fever I have had in a long time. All because some jack :donk:donk:donk felt it was more important to come to work with the flu then to stay home. People like that are total idiots.

Definitely glad I haven’t caught the flu yet myself, we have some of those “smart” people at my work that have been coming in to work sick with flu-like symptoms. I hope I can stay free and clear of that mess.

BarSinister

Old Mossy Horns

Yup, My wife caught it in Church. At least 11 people that were with her have it now. They all developed it within 24 hours of each other. Part of the problem is that people can spread the flu about 24 hours before they feel the symptoms. Had 2 people this past week come to work, and I was going to have to interact with them, that were sweating profusely and had said they vomited earlier. I said what the heck are you thinking bringing that $%# here! GO HOME!

redbow

Ten Pointer
Sorry for everyone that has had to go through it. Definitely a really bad year. I've been washing the heck out of my hands. Not nearly as worried about myself getting it as much as I am my 6 year old daughter. I'm ready for flu season to be over!!!