The Crud 2018

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm on pins and needles!! :mad:

Friday at the office, 2 guys I am in constant contact with called in sick. I hope they get better, no big deal.

Friday night, a very beloved neighbor in his 60's succumbed to pneumonia and passed suddenly. :(

Saturday the MRS and I traveled to Joco to celebrate her mama's bday. Our 7 month old neice spit up most of the time. But like her uncle ;), she just kept on being a baby. On the ride home, the 3 year old started throwing up, into Sunday :skeerd: Monday am, I go to work, my MRS asks me to bring her back jello, cause she's been puking :eek:.

Wife just got off the phone, her deddy (joco) has been puking today. :mad:

WTH? At what piont do I just "give up"? I have washed my hands and brushed my teeth like never before, but, I have a monster project in front of me and no time for sickness. Thinking of carrying a bucket in my truck.

Literally 90% of the people I interact with on a semi daily are sick.

who else has it? And more importantly, who else knows how to avoid it?

It's like I'm on some TV show to see how long till I get sick. But I refuse to lol.

Thanks!

Last edited:

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The wife and I both had it right after Christmas. Her grandfather got it the day after Christmas, same time we did. He hasn’t come out of the hospital yet.

45/70 hunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have friends that swear by Airborne. I started feeling like something was creeping on me yesterday afternoon. I took a dose last night, another this am, and will again tonight. Hoping it works for me!!

Last edited:

HotSoup

Old Mossy Horns
Airborne and fresh squeezed oj

Im elbow deep in this every day...pretty sure im immune to most crap now

Last edited:

C52

Eight Pointer
New Year’s Day I woke up feeling bad, and it didn’t take long to know it wasn’t a hangover. Turned out to be the flu. Took almost two weeks to feel good again. My son has the stomach thing you’re talking about. Several other people I know have struggled to

rodman

Ten Pointer
Wife got it after traveling for holidays and I was with her the whole time and didn't get it. I really think it can be luck of the draw not getting it at times

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I need to go to town tomorrow for some gas and a couple of things from Lowe's. Need something from Wally World but am afraid to go there. I'm thinking waiting till about closing time at Lowe', skipping Wally world and maybe wearing a bandana across my face. I hate being around people this time of year.

ncscrubmaster

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have some stuff called Emergen-C. I take it when I'm around people this time of year. You mix it with water and its not great but better than being sick. I like to think it helps.

chef

Ten Pointer
Norovirus just hit my 2 year old last week. Woke up throwing up in the middle of the night. It is the spawn of Satan.

Me and my wife both got a non throwing up version. We have had it 3 of the last 4 winters. Have been not feeling well but not throwing up (thank God) for 4 days. Have lost 5 pounds from not eating.

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
I need to go to town tomorrow for some gas and a couple of things from Lowe's. Need something from Wally World but am afraid to go there. I'm thinking waiting till about closing time at Lowe', skipping Wally world and maybe wearing a bandana across my face. I hate being around people this time of year.

I'm not sure where you shop, but I'd strongly suggest that if you shop in Henderson, you skip the bandana idea. Usually when someone goes into the Henderson Walmart with a bandana on their face, bullets are about to fly!

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
My wife and I just stay away from people whose medical condition is in question. When going out we refrain from grabbing door handles without gloves or using a coat sleeve or tail, etc., even carry our own pens so we don't have to use counter pens when signing anything and carry hand sanitizer as a backup if there's any question. We did go out to the bank a few days ago and the girl who waited on us was obviously loaded with something so we got our personal banker to unlock the bathroom so we could wash our hands. Hated to embarrass the girl but at our age and aware of all that's floating around out there we'd be foolhardy not to take precautions. My wife is on home dialysis and I perform all her care so sick is the last thing I need.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Buddy I can tell you that last year, my brothers , my wife and daughter and son all were sick.......... I thought I was going to make it out of the woods..........
Last of February, I get sick. Literally could not get off the couch for 5 days.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Zinc works well once you get it to help your body fight it. Not sure there is much you can do for a stomach virus other then what you are already doing as far as washing your hands often.
I had to go through a round of antibiotics and get three more antibiotic injections to dump a sinus and ear infection last week so I could fly to Dallas for work this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
- Get a flu shot.
- Wash your hands often, don't touch your face with your fingers.
- Don't touch anything that is handled by others. If I can open a door w/o touching the door knob or push bar with my hands, I'll reach up as high as I can and push it open that way (most people open a door at waist level).
- Stay away from people in general. Hard to do, but you can at least try to maintain your "space" when around people. I think what helps us a lot is that we don't have small kids in school; Unfortunately for parents, schools are positively germ factories of the first order, and all the little tykes are walking petrie dishes.

I've found that EmergenC & Coldeze zinc lozenges will help moderate cold symptoms, but they'll do zero about the honest-to-god flu.

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Got the same crud right after Xmas. Started feeling bad Friday.

Butttt. Deer season almost over so I went up in brutal cold snow and wind to he mtns and killed those two deer.

That moved it all down into my chest and just now getting over it.

I usually only get sick once a year. Hopefully this has 2018 covered.

Wife gas had it for 10 days. Finally getting over it. Dad has same thing.

Seems like everyone I know has the same thing going on

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Got me without warning!

Felt "decent" yesterday morning. Went into the office. 5 minutes later was fighting puking. Came back home, took nasuea medicine, and more for a long time. 19 hours of sleeping inside of 24 hours. Most of the other 5 were in the bathroom.

Don't want that again!

This morning @ 9 am, felt 90%.

Last edited:

SharpShooter

Ten Pointer
I’ve got an employee that’s got a stomach flu. Started peeing from his butt(his words) and puking at the same time on Sunday. Fever and chills body aches the whole nine yards. Still can’t stay off the toilet.

double

Twelve Pointer
Not the stomach bug but bronchitis I cant shake. Went to the dr the day after Christmas told the PA I feel like I have Bronchitis she asked why and I told her I have it every year and this is what it feels like. She proceeded to say no bronchitis heres some cough syrup. Cough has been semi constant. Now I am on prednisone and a zpac this stuff is breaking up out of my chest and I feel like I am dying all over again.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
I got it now. My temp has been over 99 for about 28 hours now. Sleep sweat sleep sweat. This sucks.

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I've had it since Wednesday when I ran a fever. Now wife and grandmother who spent the week here have it too, both of them got the flu shot. I didn't get the shot. Worst crude I've had in my life. I haven't run a fever in 30 years. Lucky for me fever lasted about 12-16 hours.

I contracted this crap from my helper who had it Monday and brought it to work. Tuesday night I felt something...Wednesday I had it. I called my other helper and told him to prepare for it...now he got it too. I called him today and he said I was the only one who called to check on him. I told him I wasn't checking on him...I was checking to see who would have to dig a 6ft hole first.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Brother in law was on his annual golf trip to Myrtle beach......someone is bringing him home today.....throwing up and diarrhea.....out to eat with the in laws last night after the unc game.....80 yo father in law up all night after that throwing up and diarrhea.......I also threw up for the first time in probably 20 years last night.....but I feel fine now....fancy taco things tasted questionable at the restaurant......the CRUD is everywhere!

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Crap sure is going around. I came down with the flu (I took the flu shot two months ago) on 21 Dec 17. That morphed into pneumonia. Went thru the first round of meds but no joy. Now on higher powered meds and house bound. Ain't no fun and really sucks. Hope those afflicted are getting better and that those fortunate so far continue their luck.

302cj

Old Mossy Horns
Crap sure is going around. I came down with the flu (I took the flu shot two months ago) on 21 Dec 17. That morphed into pneumonia. Went thru the first round of meds but no joy. Now on higher powered meds and house bound. Ain't no fun and really sucks. Hope those afflicted are getting better and that those fortunate so far continue their luck.

Hate hear that. I had pneumonia when I was younger. I had to get hooked up to breathing machine every day for about 4 weeks.

ant00r1

Six Pointer
This might sound crazy but I have been doing this for several years now. I read it on a website years ago & was just able to find it again. I can’t link the site but here’s a copy & paste of the good stuff:

First. Get a thick peeled orange. Take a large peice of the peeling and have it standing by. Second. Get some tissue and blow your nose as hard as you can to clear the runniness and unclog your nose. Third. Wash your hands and face with an anti-bacterial soap. Dry your face and hands. Forth. Take the orange peel and fold it where the peel has the orange side out. Now squeeze it till a moisture is on your fingers and thumb. Fith. Snort at this moisture hard into the nostrils. Here is what just happened. Ascorbic acid kills the virus host on contact. Will kill the flu virus also. The flu virus acts the same way. It may take a couple times but it does work. Also. You have just taught your immune system how to kill the cold host if it enters the membrane again.

It burns a little but I really believe it knocks the healing time down quite a bit

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
This might sound crazy but I have been doing this for several years now. I read it on a website years ago & was just able to find it again. I can’t link the site but here’s a copy & paste of the good stuff:

First. Get a thick peeled orange. Take a large peice of the peeling and have it standing by. Second. Get some tissue and blow your nose as hard as you can to clear the runniness and unclog your nose. Third. Wash your hands and face with an anti-bacterial soap. Dry your face and hands. Forth. Take the orange peel and fold it where the peel has the orange side out. Now squeeze it till a moisture is on your fingers and thumb. Fith. Snort at this moisture hard into the nostrils. Here is what just happened. Ascorbic acid kills the virus host on contact. Will kill the flu virus also. The flu virus acts the same way. It may take a couple times but it does work. Also. You have just taught your immune system how to kill the cold host if it enters the membrane again.

It burns a little but I really believe it knocks the healing time down quite a bit

I'm familiar with the "lemons can heal" theories. But never heard this one. I keep thinking of all the oranges I ate the days before I got sick (2 per morning), and never once thought of sniffing the spray out of the peel. I have sprayed it into a candle before. Pretty cool!