Anybody else having probems getting Email notifications of PM ?

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Let me look into this when I get back from vacation. Might be a problem on the server side.

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I've had quite a few Private Messages lately involving items bought from the classifieds, all notices hit my email without a hitch Bill....

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hmmm.. I've never gotten an email notification about a pm. Guess I never activated that feature and actually was unaware it existed..

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I just tested it with my acct and the test acct I have. Both worked. Two things:

1) Make sure your acct settings haven't been changed and that they are still set to send email on PM (Settings-> General Settings -> Email Notification of New Private Messages)
2) Make sure the emails aren't being routed to your spam folder by your email/internet provider. (Mine were)

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Just seeing this...no settings have changed...that was the first thing I checked in my profile...still marked to Email me about a PM.
Has been working fine for years then just stopped a few days ago.

Spam filter was the next thing I checked...nothing there.

Logged off and back on, no help.

Now, just to try something, I'm going to go into my settings, uncheck notify, delete my Email, log off.
Then log back on, put my Email back in, recheck notify, save settings, and log off again.
Then I'll log back in and try it.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That didn't make any difference...still don't get PM notification Emails.
I'll go see if I can clear cache for NCH&F

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Im going to have the forum send you a PM explicitly. Ignore the contents if you get it.

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes, your direct Email came through fine.
But something about getting an Email notification as a result of a PM no longer seems to generate one

Haleh

Spike
Roundball, I have private messaged you before about a flintlock you had for sale. I wanted to ask you about the one your looking for a new home for but I can no longer private message you. Are you still reachable on the muzzle loader forum?

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Roundball, I have private messaged you before about a flintlock you had for sale. I wanted to ask you about the one your looking for a new home for but I can no longer private message you. Are you still reachable on the muzzle loader forum?

Yes, sure am...and my last Flintlock (.62al Early Virginia) sold a few days ago.

Haleh

Spike
Somebody got a good one. Happy for them sad for me. Hate to see you give up the black powder addiction. I enjoy your photos in the photography forum.p

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

I just tried to send you a PM...are your sure your PM setting is enabled...when I click your Avatar, I don’t see any option to ‘send a PM’

LanceR

Six Pointer
Contributor
I got a PM two nights ago that I didn't get an email for either. Settings are set to receive them.....

Lance

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
RB when I moved the forum over to the new host I accidentally turned off the plug-in that prevented people with less than 15 posts from using PM. I recently reactivated the plug-in.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
why can I not reply to classified ads? says I do not have permission????please advise

Read the sticky thread at the top of the classifieds. Rule 7 answers your question. You need 50 posts to be able to use the classifieds. And please don't post throw away one liners like "Nice buck" "Good luck" etc. That's called post padding (or more rudely, post whoring) and will get your post count reset.