Turkey .410 -- Henry

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The .410 will kill any turkey at a reasonable range, regardless of action type. With the right ammo, 40 yds. and beyond is not unreasonable for those who can't wait for him to get closer. The lever should give you a quick follow-up shot if needed, but not as quick as a SxS. The Henry should do about whatever you want it do to as long as you respect the range limitations.
Personally, i have preferred the .410 for the limited recoil for quite some time now and have noticed no changes in my hunting pleasures other than a less sore shoulder.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
WOW....... just looked at the Henry site. That seems to be a $900 MSRP. Way out of my price range. And I was thinking $250 was gettinig crazy for a Winchester 37.

VikingsFan8178

WOW....... just looked at the Henry site. That seems to be a $900 MSRP. Way out of my price range. And I was thinking $250 was gettinig crazy for a Winchester 37.

Yeah, she ain't cheap. If I was not a die hard Henry fan I would not even consider it but there's just something about that brand that I have always loved.

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Hey..... to each his own. I really like Stevens 311 SxS. Like I said, as far as killing a turkey with it, with the right ammo, it will get the job done. Might have to put a little tape on it during turkey season though.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like having a 410 in the collection. Definitely turkey capable For close shots and a joy to carry in the woods. Fun squirrel gun, and great for a youth hunter to use.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
is va still three or have they changed?
are you talking bag limit or shells. No plug required for Va not that I was aware of anyway since we grew up on mtns and virtually no migratory hunting I never remember having a plugged gun now crossing over into Ky you did for turkey for my 2 cents never really got the shell limit for turkey

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
are you talking bag limit or shells. No plug required for Va not that I was aware of anyway since we grew up on mtns and virtually no migratory hunting I never remember having a plugged gun now crossing over into Ky you did for turkey for my 2 cents never really got the shell limit for turkey

i'm pretty sure VA did have that three shell law. I know we hunted with only three. i quit using five and just went with three because i would hunt one day in NC next in va.

Not sure if it is still on the books or not which is why i asked.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i'm pretty sure VA did have that three shell law. I know we hunted with only three. i quit using five and just went with three because i would hunt one day in NC next in va.

Not sure if it is still on the books or not which is why i asked.

and i found the answer,

unplugged good for all non migratory, Wonder how many years i have had a plugged gun when i didnt need to,

Or better yet maybe never needed it? LOL.